New Redcat Ascent 18

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More videos are hitting Youtube today and it looks really good. Minor nit picky things so far. Out of the box it's 50/50 weight distrubution front to rear. Think that's a first. And one made a few simple changes and made it 55/45. Without touching the upgrades or weight.

Upgrades are available from Redcat immediately. Not like another one I spent way too much on. Hope there will be after market support too. They've been given every upgrade and have already tested some. Showed the before and after. In the right hands this thing will be a beast.

If you're thinking about getting a mini crawler this might be the one to try. Free shipping plus sales tax. Shipped Fedex out of AZ. All the others I've got in this price point were shipped from China.

I like it but then I would have to buy 3 or 4 to keep the runs the same scale.
Doesn't sound like a problem to me. 🤣

Dangit, I think I'm gonna do it. 🤣

EDIT: I done did it! I didn't want @Rowdyray to have all the fun! 🤣

Last edited:
I like it but that body looks kinda weird. Easy fix though.

I know. The top of the bed is too high.

mms95img-617352146.jpg

It's here! Glad I ordered when I did. Two days later got an email saying they are swamped and to be patient. Mine had already left with tracking. :cool:

Battery is charging. But, I gave it a quick run with what was in it. Wow! Some complained it was too fast. I had no problem with slow crawl. Probably the best out of the box yet. And Quiet. No whining. It is faster than any others out of the box. And one heck of a drag brake. You let off full throttle and it almost front flips. Dead stop. Holds on an incline too. That may change if adding weight. Some exploration into radio settings might be neccessary. Lol.

The batteries are already out of stock. Other hop-ups are going fast. They are expensive compared to others. I'm holding off. A very good source says that an after market company plans to jump on the band wagon.

Took some pics next to my other 1/18 crawlers. Wheel base is very similar. The tires (not labeled) are the same height as the 64mm on my Trx4m. Threw a pic of my Grom in with it. Why not? Can't wait to mod it.
20240311_174110.jpg
20240311_174138.jpg
20240311_174150.jpg
20240311_174250.jpg

This rig is buzzing all over YT. But, I guess that's what happens when you send stuff to those big rc channels for free. Appears their strategy is paying off big, with sales skyrocketing.
I saw the review by Harley Designs and he modded a topless with rollcage design that looks awesome!

This rig is buzzing all over YT. But, I guess that's what happens when you send stuff to those big rc channels for free. Appears their strategy is paying off big, with sales skyrocketing.
I saw the review by Harley Designs and he modded a topless with rollcage design that looks awesome!
That does happen. But, if 2FM RC is raving about it, there's a reason to listen.

That did look good! Mine came today, pretty nice, especially for the price. :)
Took a quick spin around the living room, not to shabby. :thumbs-up:
PSX_20240311_193838.jpg

That did look good! Mine came today, pretty nice, especially for the price. :)
Took a quick spin around theliving room, not to shabby. :thumbs-up:
View attachment 184655
Awesome. Going to see what it can do on some rocks tomorrow. Stock. Go from there. Let us know what you do to it.

Ran it several times today. Very impressed so far. Told my LHS about it over the weekend. They wanted to see it. Stopped after work. Everybody wants one. Lol.

Out back they have a crawler area. Most of it is set up for 1/10th. But, there is a small area for the little guys. Completely stock this thing made it up spots that my heavily modded trx4m just finally made it up. With a few tweaks it should be great.

Back