New MT from Hotbodies!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbgagnon

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
HOT OFF HBs webpages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GT.jpg
chassis.jpg

The Lightning GT is based off the reliable Lightning series and shares a lot of the same features
clearance.jpg

With nearly 3 inches of ground clearance, there is not much that can slow this beast down
low_pro.jpg

Even with it's enormous ground clearance, the Lightning GT is able to maintain a relativly low center of gravity due to the Lightning series it is based off of.
pipe.jpg

The pipe is specially designed to maintain the same volume but fit within the realistic body design
Wonder how this is going to work!?

servo.jpg

Dual inline steering servos provide plenty of high torque to the oversized wheels and tires

Not sure if it has a 2 speed tho!

thats sweet, anyone know the price on in. and what size it is.

Most likely 500-700, and 1/8th scale. This is just a guess.

If a Savage was a truggy, it would be that.
Looks like they beefed up the Lightning Stadium a bit and made it an MT. I like how they are keeping things modular so parts fit across the whole series.

An interesting thing HB told me is, the shock towers allow 8 shocks to be installed. It comes with 4 long buggy shocks, but you can another 4 long buggy shocks.

South

Other than the dual steering servos and odd pipe, how does it really differ from the Lightning Stadium? How do they get it up in the air like that, compared to the Stadium?

I saw this thing last nite at the races and it was pretty impressive.....the Engine blows chunks but the overall truck was awsome......it doesn't roll.......it just prowls around like some kind of snake.......make me want to look twice at the hot bodies stuff from now on...

Plaidfish, are you talking about the Lightning Stadium or the Lightning GT? The GT supposedly isn't out yet.

well it was the lightning truggy....single engine....I thought that's the one in the pic.....
yeah that one up there has a single engine....Only this guy's was all aluminum....arms and towers and stuff...real bad ass lookin truggy....

You saw the Lightning Stadium Pro, not the Lightning GT. The GT is a single-engine truck shown above, similar to the Stadium RR and Stadium Pro, but with bigger tires and the odd pipe and stuff. The twin-engine one is the GTX2. Go to www.hotbodiesonline.net to see all of them.

The Lightning Stadium Pro has been doing GREAT on the racing circuit.

Last edited:
I've just seen other HB products that sucked so bad I never looked twice at the rest.....saturday I shared a pit with a guy I see fairly often and he just got it and broke it in...the truck looks awsome when it's moving...very cool suspension setup...the stock engine was just poop...would not hold a tune....I'll see it in 2 weeks w/ a new engine so I'm waiting for final judgement then.....

The HB Lightning Pro just took second place at the Nitro Challenge at The Dirt this past weekend with a 14-year-old driving! Beat out some major big-name racers who were running Mugen truggies, too.

After seeing it in action I can see why...it looks like an extended Buggy w/ big tires...and real responsive suspension.......

I just got these in stock and I must say they are very nice!!

get some turnbuckles and brace the chassis from the center diff....it flexes a lot... but it's a simple mod and cheap to do.....

UHHH huh HUH HUH....No....what was so hard to understand???get some turnbuckles like what you'd use for your wheel alignments and screw the pivot links ( those end parts w/ the little ferrule thing in them ) onto the center diff brace...then the other end find some mounting holes you can reach w/ the turnbuckles or drill new holes in the chassis....use the turnbuckles like braces that's all...I have a few pics of my friends w/ the mod already done...I'll post htem tonight.....

I did that mod to mine as well. I did not use turnbuckes, use Revo pushrods. They fit like a glove and you know they are not going to bend like turnbuckles.

This is not my truck, I got the pics from hyperstang on radiocontrolzone.com

DSC00959.gif

DSC00960.gif

yeah that's what I was talking about....I thought those were turnbuckles......

I used the revo pushrods, some guys are usingparts from the Tmaxx, prob the turnbuckles, but I'm not sure.

Back