"New" buggy from Hot Bodies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Cain

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Check it out! Finally some sort of big win for Hot Bodies. (As HumboldtBlazer gets visions of demons making snow angels, and the devil figure skating):thumbup:

lightning2pro.jpg

http://www.wildhobbies.com/news/default.asp?cmd=view&articleid=1139

:OT: I think the devil figure skating would make a killer tatt!

yea i bet this will make some of the unbeleivers scream at the hb owners...

Even before it was in production, the Lightning2pro was already a champion! After owning it for only 3 days, Hot Bodies driver Travis Amezcua found himself at the NORRCA Nationals with his new Lightning 2 pro. When he TQ'ed the race, Travis knew his car had the makings of a true winner. Travis went on to win the US Nationals and did so by a large margin (lapping the entire field by the 10th lap) against the nations best competitors, including the current World Champion. The car works! If you want to win, you're gonna need one of these cars.
Kit Features

7075-T6 4mm Front and Rear shock towers
NEW Full rubber sealed ball bearings
Front CVA axles
NEW Exhaust-tip bash guard
?? Low Profile Fuel Tank
?? Low Profile Upper Deck and Receiver/Battery box
?? 22 degree Hub Carriers
?? Hot New Painted and Trimmed body design
3pc Racing Clutch
NEW Hardened Differentials (all 3)
Stiff Shock Springs
3.5mm Hardened Shock Shafts
Center CVA Shafts (front and rear)

new reprensents new stuff vs the original pro.. ?? means dont knwo if it was changed or the same..

so who was the member who stated the lightning was not able to win national championships?? cause i feel
22.gif
is for you....

Looks like they addressed the faults of the original!! Excellent, the only thing is, now everyone is going to get one and drive the price up :(

actually the price will drop.. look at the inital cost of a savage... as soon as demand was met the price dropped... i figure by end of summer the price will be close to present price..

I think it is so funny that you think I will not like it just because it is Hot Bodies. What kind of biased uneducated mf do you think I am. If people start racing it and it starts winning pro races of course I will like the buggy. I can except the fact that they learned from their first mistakes of their initial buggy and have probably improved a lot, just like GS did with the Avenger. You guys kill me that you think I don't like the HB lightning just to make argument or something. I think the HB Lightning is a great 1/8 buggy, all I ever said about it was that it was not a top of the line racer, you guys filled your heads with all those other misconceptions. Anyways I wish this buggy all the luck, it looks great but I just don't see from that picture what they changed I need to look closer I think, and see one in person. I like that more companies are making more buggies, it's better for the sport as a whole, espically entry level buggies that don't cost and arma a leg to hit a track and have fun, that gets more people interested in the sport and naturally they move up to a better buggy for whatever their reasons.

plus for the price of a Kani 3 what do you think people are gonna buy?

Last edited:
I believe the L2 will be a more direct copy of the K2. I'm wondering if they couldn't make a direct copy of the K2 until Kyosho came out with the K3?

Humbolt....the changes on the L2 are the same changes made between the Kanai and Kanai2....lower CG, 22deg hubs, and a few shortcomings on the original Lightning. Remeber, all the Lightning is, is a copy of Kanai buggy(not that I mind).

Last edited:
the k3 looks more like upgrades to the k2, not a whole new car

did you guys take a good hard look at the little picture?

receiver box is wider. woohoo
what's up with that receiver tray? where does the steering servo go?

cool stuff thanks.

Originally posted by RobH

what's up with that receiver tray? where does the steering servo go?

it is utilizing a laydown steering servo for better CG, just like the new ofna PCR hyper 7

and the mbx5

hrmm i replied never posted - weird

I'm basically a newbie, most of you see me in here now and then, and I'll bet that us newbies make up the majority of the hobby. I don't let the pros dictate or influence what I get. I listen to folks like the guys in here. So, after looking at all these different buggies I have to admit that the basic design, assembly and function all appear to be the same. Take away the engines and you'll find more similarities than differences. I've seen this buggy also, looks great but so do many others. What does it for me ? Simple - the differences are the deciding factors. Which engine is better, the materials used, the quality and craftmanship, and of course the price. We should start a thread labeled; "If you could build it......." and list what we would want in a buggy. Who knows, maybe some manufacturer is listening. Would I buy this buggy ? Sure....... But, then again I would buy alot of buggies.

yeah, i guessed that. That price thing changes the closer it gets to release. I think it's a kit, but it has an engine pictured. If it's a kit and priced well, I may pick one up. sucks that it's still purple. :puke:

I have to say rubber sealed bearings do sound nice! Makes total sense with a dirt hog like a 1/8 buggy.

Originally posted by humboldtblazer
I think it is so funny that you think I will not like it just because it is Hot Bodies. What kind of biased uneducated mf do you think I am. If people start racing it and it starts winning pro races of course I will like the buggy...

Just kidding around. Touche'...

Back