Never rock crawled

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats pretty cool! But that ESC doesn't have lipo cutoff so be careful.

Thats pretty cool! But that ESC doesn't have lipo cutoff so be careful.
I've only read a little about lipo's and the cutoff. is that so the battery doesn't totally drain or is it a safety feature for the esc?
If its going to be a hassle, and I also get the original nimh battery I may just sell the lipo because I'm not planning on replacing the radio or esc anytime soon, as I dont have much money. The lipo really isnt a big deal as the quick chargers for them are pretty expensive, I assume the losi one that I get will also be a slow 4 hr charger.

Since I already bought a extra nimh and a quick charger I would rather have the original losi nimh that should come with the crawler so I can have 2 batteries with a quick charger.

As long as it shows up before the 27th I'm happy no matter what.

The stock ESC doesn't have a low voltage cutoff. If you watch the truck and stop running when it slows noticeably, the battery should be okay. This information I've managed to find on RCC. You can always either add a low-voltage cutoff or can upgrade the ESC to one that has it built in.

The stock ESC doesn't have a low voltage cutoff. If you watch the truck and stop running when it slows noticeably, the battery should be okay. This information I've managed to find on RCC. You can always either add a low-voltage cutoff or can upgrade the ESC to one that has it built in.

so if the battery gets to low it can ruin the battery, I notice my power tools that use lithiun ion batteries when they get low all of a sudden they just shut down and thats it.

yep thats the low voltage cutoff. You can use like a sidewinder on it and run 3S if you want to lol They have a programmable cutoff.

Back