need some help bringing back a kyosho...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj200415

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok, i have a vintage kyosho sandmaster mk-II. Every thing on it is great, but the spur gear only has about 1 run left in it before it strips, and the rear tires are S-H-O-T! Can someone help me with those 2 parts? (plz dont tell me i have a crappy out-dated buggy, cause i no, i just need help with parts!)

Didnt you already make a couple threads about this??? I dont know about Kyosho, but did you check Towerhobbies and rushrc?

Tower was dropped as the distributor for Kyosho. Kyosho now has their own distribution center in California. My suggestion is to send them an email and see if they can help you out with finding the parts. http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/

ok. it came with NO manual, no i didnt make a post about finding these parts before, and the rims are 2 inches tall, or rims+tires(bald) 3 inches. The tires are bald as a babys bottom! i have no power to those things. it pulls a 10 feet hole shot before i get traction.Oh, and thank you to anybody that helps me in these posts! i really appreciate it!

I gotta more or less complete (may be missing a minor part or 2 like servo mounts) rolling chassis (including shell) in my shed.....I THINK its a Mk2, I'll take some pics, you can have it for shipping plus a couple.

It would be coming from the UK some not sure of shipping cost.

Lemme know.

Ryan with savage said:
I gotta more or less complete (may be missing a minor part or 2 like servo mounts) rolling chassis (including shell) in my shed.....I THINK its a Mk2, I'll take some pics, you can have it for shipping plus a couple.

It would be coming from the UK some not sure of shipping cost.

Lemme know.
send pics of spur, and tires + everything else.

I am just about finished with an older Kyosho USA-1 project and discovered that there are SOME PARTS from their newer products that will work in mine. For example, the wheel hubs and steering knuckles from their Mega Force bolt right on. I went to their web site (listed in an above post) and downloaded the parts manuals for these and compared the parts I needed to the parts listed in the USA-1 manual.

As for the tires, I'd just take one down to your LHS and see if you can find some replacements for them. I'm thinking Team Losi makes a 2" tire, but don't quote me!

You can try finding your manual here: http://rcdocuments.com/. If not, Google search it or try eBay.

I hope this helps!

aj post a pic of your mk2. I might have one that is complete minus body and engine. Spur in great shape and have a spare and have all kinds of tires that would prob work. Take a pic of the rig and tires and I'll get back to you.

aj, sent 3 pics to your hotmail. Hope they help.