need help on 1/8 buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plaidfish i had that diff all off theres no set screw on the part that the dog bone slides into ... i took off the spur gear theres 5 screws that holds that on . i can see a gasket i the senter . guys theres no set screw on those parts . i had all the other parts off thats the only thing thats stopping me from taking the diff apart . any ideas ???

When you take the spur off it should look like this....or something like this.....
thumb-v901.jpg

Okay you're already past what I was describing......the set screws I was reffering to were on the BRAKE CAM....that is th epost that stands up and actuates the brakes via the linkage.....anyway....if you remove those 5 screws and removed the spur gear already you should be seeing what VB has in his pic........the Bevel gears (the ones connected to the inside of the spur gear on the outdrive) just pop off.....they are driven by a pin that sits in a recessed slot onthe back of the gear.......look at teh teeth on the Spider gears and the Bevel gear....if they are rounded off then get a new set and rebuild it......make sure you replace the gasket too (replace that anyway even if you don't do th egears)......if they are still good then you have something binding in there....maybe just a good cleaning will get something out of it.....don't be afraid to tear the whole thing apart if you have to...what's the worst thing that could happen? It won't work worse than now???.....these are things you NEED to understand how to do frequently or you will be blowing stuff up constantly......so practice practice practice....oh yeah and PRACTICE......we'll get you through this man..make sure you have space to tear it all down and lay out a towel (soon to be a rag after this) so you can lay out all the parts in the same way you removed them....if you keep everything layed out as you work it goes alot smoother...you won't have to rely on memory for all the littel parts.....

ok it is all fine now ... there was no gear in it... it was supose to be lock..... thanks for all the help...

no gears inside diff?i took a look at the pics not sure if it is a durtrax ethier..correct if I'm wrong but didnt the axis have odd sized hubs and not 17mm?

The axis also has a different colored chassis and a radio 'box tray' that extends from the front to the rear. A buddy of mine has one; I'll see if I can get a pic of it next time I see him (might be tomorrow).

Back