need help on 1/8 buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spyhunter48 said:
yours couldnt have been the duratrax axis.. because it come with alum...

I was joking because I initially didnt like the quality. Never thought it was rated durable.

well we have some ofna buggys and it looks as durable as them.....

i was wondering if any 1 could tell me if the center idff.. should be locked?

well it is... i took it a part.., and i can't get it unlocked... so what should i do?

take pics so we can actually see it rather than get 30 posts trying to describe it.......

vbgagnon you got mail .. please post the pics for me... thanks

Picture335.gif

Picture333.gif

1d3f9904.gif

These are the pics he sent me.

thanks for posting my pics here......

well it's definately a center diff and not supposed to be locked...have you opened it up yet?
Not trying to pick on you w/ this but How did you check it to say it's locked? have you isolated each diff by holding the front wheels and spinning th erears? and so forth.....if it's locked then take it out of the buggy and see if you can spin it w/ nothing else connected to it.....if not then you gotta open it up....
when you do, look for small metal parts locking the gears together......also just get a new set of diff gears (spyder and Bevel) and rebuild it.....if the other gears are still good keep em as spares......replace the cup and bearings whil eit's out too...all those parts shouldn't run more than 25 bucks......w/ shim kit and cross bars...

well i took it off from the buggy ... and it is locked... there no way to take apart the diff..... at lest i dont know how....

i really not sure if this is a duratrax axis... can any of yous find what buggy it is?

VB. Can you resize the pics please.
Thanks.

you need to take off the diff brace...that metal plate on top of it.......then the small set screws in the brake cams (the posts that hold the brake linkage arms)....slide those arms out, lift off the top brace and you should be able to remove the brake cams altogether then........next the mount for the whole diff should come apart and you can lift the diff cup and spur gear out as one unit......then it's all gravy...4 screws hold the spur gear on the cup and it's open.....let us know (pics prefferably) what's inside...that's where it's locked......

there are no set srews .. that way i can't take it apart.....

Dude,
C'mon
I can see th eset screws in the pics above....they're in the TOP of the brake cam post....they keep the arm that your brake servo linkage goes through......you take the four screws off the top of the center diff brace, there may or may not be another set of screws underthe brace.....and lift the brace off......the diff just lifts out.....I like helping people but you gotta help us so it's not like pulling teeth......this is very basic Mechanical stuff.....coin collecting is a pretty low maintenance hobby.....

Back