need help choosing a 2.4ghz setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k5floyd

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm looking for an inexpensive 2.4ghz setup for my maxx. the only features I'm really interested in are, a fail safe that is programed to full brake, and low voltage warning. i will only be using it on 1 vehicle and I'm a basher so i dont need a whole lot of fancy bells and whistles.

i was looking at the traxxas tx/rx but i read somehwere in the tmaxx forum that the fail safe is programed to idle and cannot be changed. the other setup i was looking at was this http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=8184. also read on the maxx forums here that this has a fail safe programed to full brake but can't find anywhere else on the net if this even has a fail safe. any help is greatly apreciated.

I'm looking for an inexpensive 2.4ghz setup for my maxx. the only features I'm really interested in are, a fail safe that is programed to full brake, and low voltage warning. i will only be using it on 1 vehicle and I'm a basher so i dont need a whole lot of fancy bells and whistles.

i was looking at the traxxas tx/rx but i read somehwere in the tmaxx forum that the fail safe is programed to idle and cannot be changed. the other setup i was looking at was this http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=8184. also read on the maxx forums here that this has a fail safe programed to full brake but can't find anywhere else on the net if this even has a fail safe. any help is greatly apreciated.

I have a traxxas 2.4 i'm prob. going to pull off to put a cheaper flysky 2.4 receiver on so I can run it with the same tx as my other stuff.

Futaba 3pm. Think I paid $180 few months ago.

The Spektrum DX3e. TX and RX for about $100.

Do they make receivers with this type of failsafe? if you used that same receiver on a electric model it would be in full reverse?

Do they make receivers with this type of failsafe? if you used that same receiver on a electric model it would be in full reverse?

pretty sure. i read a few threads on the forums here and came across questions about the fail safe.

i think I've decided on this one http://cgi.ebay.com/SPEKTRUM-SPM3160-DX3-E-DX3E-DSM-3-CHANNEL-RADIO-SR300-/290553143684?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a6512184 but i can't seem to find out if it has a programable fail safe or if the fail safe is programed to full brake which is the main feature that i want

It is programmable when you bind it. Whatever throttle position the TX is in that is the setting for the failsafe.

sweet thanks

+1 on the futaba 3pm-x

Try th FSgt3b from nitrorcx.com. 35 bucks and it came with a receiver. Extra receivers only cost like 8 dollars look it up on YouTube. Has all the functions except telemetry. great radio changed my traxxas Revo stock 27 MHz to this 2.4g radio. Has fail safe, end points and automatically looks for open channels and more I'm just not remembering. Oh yea 10 model memory so it can be used for all your rc items. It is 3 channel so really check it out cause the third channel is button controlled, not for everybody. Can't say enough about it.

Last edited:
The FlySky GT3B can be flash upgraded to do even more, like 20 model memory, crawler stuff like dig and 4WS, adjustable low voltage alarm and more.

If you Google the radio you should be able to find the thread about how to mod it. If not, PM me and I'll tell you where the thread is. Don't think it's fair to post it here being a competing R/C site...

Mark

A friend and I are both using the gt3b by flysky. I'm happy with mine.

Back