Mystery Rims - What Have I, Say Ye? UPDATE: SOLVED :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaelstromX

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Scale Builder
Inaugural post. Howdy. :)

In rummaging though some old stuff, I came across some old Maxx-type 3.2" rims. I've been out of the hobby for so long that my memory is pretty weak. I think these are Pro-Line, but I'm not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

mystery maxx rims.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure. I never ran aluminum / metal wheels before. Also I only been in the hobby for around 3 years sooo. Yea.
Welcome!

These are chrome (nickel?) plated nylon. I've never run aluminum rims myself either. :D I'm thinking I bought these back in...2007? I really can't remember. It's definitely back far enough I have no invoices. :borg:

i ran Al on my Clod Buster back in the day 2009 ish

Imex brand? Proline also had a similar one.

Imex brand? Proline also had a similar one.
Positive they're not IMEX. That is one thing I'm sure of - I've never owned anything made by them. ;) My hunch is they're Pro-Line, but for the life of me, I can't find a part number or anything. :dead:

Positive they're not IMEX. That is one thing I'm sure of - I've never owned anything made by them. ;) My hunch is they're Pro-Line, but for the life of me, I can't find a part number or anything. :dead:
I'll look in my old catalogs. If not imex then proline. I re ember them using the center nut like these on other wheels.

I'll look in my old catalogs. If not imex then proline. I re ember them using the center nut like these on other wheels.
That'd be awesome. I think I found some that came out the same time. They have the big nut casting, but are spoke'd. Pro-Line "Outback Weld" rims. I'll consider the brand figured out. Now, to get the name or part number. Unfortunately, Pro-Line's website is not helpful. Discontinued "archive" is extremely incomplete.

Behold. (Borrowed from eBay.)
s-l1600.jpg

$14? Those must have been great days
15 to 20 years ago. Definitely. I feel like Uncle Rico more and more every day.

Last edited:
Back