My new toy (pictures)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwong2001

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
It's an E-Sky Belt CP (same as candyman's), comes with 4 servos, a brushless motor, a brushless esc, and a gyro, all for $159. Bought a blade balancer, blade holder, 2100mah battery, and a pitch gauge, came out to $285 shipped. Just need to buy a receiver and then go through the whole helicopter and I'll be good to go. Future plans consist of crashing it and buying lots of spare blades and stuff :LoL:

Should be fun for flying in the backyard and pissing off the golfers. On a plus note, I finally found someone to help me fly my 30 size gas helicopter, so maybe this weekend I'll actually see it fly for the first time.

DSCN1513.gif

DSCN1514.gif

Hope you enjoy it kev. It's a decent bird. Very similar to the T-Rex. I've had pretty good luck so far. Parts are easy to get and there are a fair number of parts that can be interchanged between that and the Rex and even the MX-450. So it's easy to mod and to fix after a crash.......'cuz I know what happens there...

Thanks, yeah, it seems to be a pretty good helicopter, although I gotta admit I thought it was gonna be WAY bigger lol. But still, it should be pretty good for learning, plus it's a bonus that it's not as intimidating as the 30 size heli. My dad found some carbon rods that were once used as control rods for his SPAD so I'll be using those for my training gear.

Sweet!

looks like you found a great deal

i have always been fascinated by helis, just never been interested enough to buy one. i had 3 planes given to me, not 1 of them has been flown by me and i've owned them for over a year

Sweet!

looks like you found a great deal

i have always been fascinated by helis, just never been interested enough to buy one. i had 3 planes given to me, not 1 of them has been flown by me and i've owned them for over a year

interested in selling one of those plans anytime soon? I have been looking to make my break into flying- never really had the nerve to buy one.

My wife seems to yell less when I tell her I bought the new toy from RCNT, no idea why.

interested in selling one of those plans anytime soon? I have been looking to make my break into flying- never really had the nerve to buy one.

My wife seems to yell less when I tell her I bought the new toy from RCNT, no idea why.

I guess because she figures you're helping out some poor addicted souls...

Seriously, that is a nice lookin' heli. I dunno what it is, but I've always liked the belted-tail heli's.

That looks like a very well made heli at a really good price, considering that it's brushless.
I was just asking at the LHS yesterday if there were any electric helis that did NOT come with their own Tx and Rx, and he couldn't find any info.
No one needs to spend half the price of the heli for another radio they don't need.
Where did you order that one? It just might be my next target since it's a single rotor CCPM set up.

Nice find Kwong since I've been flying for awhile now, I've thought about picking up a heli to start practicing with and now you show this, I'm definitly going to factor this one into the finances, now how do i sneak this one past the wife:shhh:

Last edited:
Nice find Kwong since I've been flying for awhile now, I've thought about picking up a heli to start practicing with and now you show this, I'm definitly going to factor this one into the finances, now how do i sneak this one past the wife:shhh:

Just buy it THEN worry about what the wife thinks. You may have to sleep on the couch for a few days, but she'll get over it hehe :yes:

Just buy it THEN worry about what the wife thinks. You may have to sleep on the couch for a few days, but she'll get over it hehe :yes:

I have been using this very strategy lately.....seems to be working and I only went one night with out any attention.....that I can handle.

Nice Heli man......better set aside some cash for parts....;)

Well she's all ready to go. I utilized the ancient art of zip ties to secure all the wires and stuff. Took like 4 hours or something for me to figure out how to program the radio lol. Worked hard into the night yesterday and thought I got it right. Then today I re-did the programming again and also changed the pushrods so I think I have it right. I'm pretty confident it'll go just fine. Right now I'm waiting for the epoxy to dry on the training gear set I made, then it's off for the first test flight/crash. Anyhoo, pictures are below. Also have my transmitter in the pictures with the nice radio tray I've got.

DSCN1516.gif

DSCN1517.gif

Well that was an interesting first flight. Fiddled with the helicopter for probably 20-30 minutes trying to get the trim right because the helicopter kept spinning around uncontrollably after take off. Ended up bringing it inside and recharged the battery.

Went out a second time and it did the same thing. Played with the gain on the gyro a bit, then finally switched the switch from normal to reverse and then the helicopter was controllable. But I'll tell you what, I really suck at flying lol...it's so easy in the simulator. I ended up switching to high rates and still couldn't control it very well, seemed like it was not sensitive enough for what I like.

Anyhoo, after going inside I changed my control throws and expo a bunch to try to make it more sensitive on the sticks. Gonna give it another go tomorrow morning. At least I'm in ballpark on my setup.

Well she's down for the count. Helicopter got away from me and ended up heading towards me so I put it into the ground. Gotta order $10 worth of parts, also gonna order the e-sky heading hold gyro so it'll be like $48 plus shipping :(

Sad thing is, I finally had it flying pretty damn good. Could keep it in a hover over the same spot pretty well. Plus the blades were finally tracking like they should have been. Ah well.

Sorry to hear that, I just have a small heli and I am constantly having to move away. Some day I'll learn how to keep the heli away from me.

Yeah, originally I had to keep moving it away from me, but this last flight at one point I had it maybe 4 feet away hovering it perfectly. Just got too overconfident and started taking chances lol. Next time I'll be taking it more easy.

Ahhh overcinfidence, the great equalizer. Good luck with the repairs.

Took two weeks, but I finally got the parts in. Helicopter is all back together. I ended up making a new set of training gear since I think the old one must have weighed WAY too much and was making the helicopter impossible to do forward flight. The original set was made out of a 1/4" carbon rods with 40mm ping pong balls. This new set is made out of 7/64" carbon rods and 38mm ping pong balls. Hopefully the helicopter will fly better. Anyhoo, check the picture below, you can see a HUGE difference hehe.

TrainingGear.gif