My New Axial SCX24 Chevy C10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Couldn't even wait for my online order to arrive! Happened to be at Hobbytown for a few Mini-B parts and walked out with this guy as well!

Can't wait to find some crawling places to have some fun with it!

1000000417.jpg

Very cool. The awesome thing about 1/24s is the fact that you have already found a place to run it. ;)

I built a small crawler course for three of my grand daughters down in the shop a couple days ago, They were here yesterday and they loved it.

Cool looking lil guy

The fun part for me is modifying the SCX24. For me, they have been some of the most enjoyable vehicles to hop up. From shopping for parts to making the parts work sometimes, they are just a blast. It's unbelievable how many companies make parts for them too.

Congrats on the new addition!

I love the fact that parts are cheap. The brushless system is spendy if you decide to go that way but they are fun.

I built a small crawler course for three of my grand daughters down in the shop a couple days ago, They were here yesterday and they loved it.
Hey @Tunedpipe do you have a picture of that course? I have a fairly open basement, would like to out something there to use my little crawler on.

Hey @Tunedpipe do you have a picture of that course? I have a fairly open basement, would like to out something there to use my little crawler on.
I don't bud, I just glued different obstacles together with popsicles sticks and let the kids use there imaginations.
I had a huge crawling table I was building but other projects took over and I needed the room so I took it apart.

Bless me father for I have sinned.:(

These are fun. Love the body on this one.

I have a stock Deadbolt and plan on keeping it stock. I am starting to build one from the ground up with specialty parts. The plan is to compare the two and see the difference.
I am curious because was forced to enter a 24 crawler competition about a year ago. I say forced because I only went to watch but we only had a few people show up so the event holder said he could not hold the event unless he had minimum amount of people enter. So I handed over my 20$ and borrowed my friends, kids car which was completely stock. I place third only because I was stubborn on a hill and rolled over a couple of times, out of six people. After looking at the points, If I had not messed with that impossible hill, I would have ranked first with a stock Deadbolt. The point is, these 24's are really capable out of the box.
I want to find out how capable.

That is half the fun, tweaking them, and finding out just how far they can go. :) They are a blast.
These are fun. Love the body on this one.

I have a stock Deadbolt and plan on keeping it stock. I am starting to build one from the ground up with specialty parts. The plan is to compare the two and see the difference.
I am curious because was forced to enter a 24 crawler competition about a year ago. I say forced because I only went to watch but we only had a few people show up so the event holder said he could not hold the event unless he had minimum amount of people enter. So I handed over my 20$ and borrowed my friends, kids car which was completely stock. I place third only because I was stubborn on a hill and rolled over a couple of times, out of six people. After looking at the points, If I had not messed with that impossible hill, I would have ranked first with a stock Deadbolt. The point is, these 24's are really capable out of the box.
I want to find out how capable.

We started on this a long time ago. In fact, there is a thread on here buried deep somewhere that I posted the build progress in. I haven't been able to work on it for a long time because it's a lot of bending over, standing, sitting... all things that have become more difficult for me. But I was just thinking that we may try to do a little plaster work this week. Will dig up the build thread and post you a link, but here's a little vid of it when the trucks were fairly stock.

Here is the build thread...
Thread 'Indoor 1/24 Rock Crawler Course' https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/indoor-1-24-rock-crawler-course.131414/

Back