My Losi 2.2 Comp Crawler review.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip cross

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
It is a joke guys please don't waste your time with this rig. IMO an AX-10 based rig with some good parts in the axles is much better right from the get go.

Losi dropped the ball IMO with things like plastic drive parts in the trans. The front cvd has no bearing support for the front cvd except at the steering knuckles. Which allows the cvd to move back and forth up and down.

So that is why it is breaking the CVD's???

I think if it had a dog bone on the end of the cvd at the diff and more metal where it hooks to the stub shaft it would help out alot.

i know you dont have the answer as doesn't most people Chip but its just for me the question of "Why"? spend so long "testing" this thing, and then this crap?

i know you dont have the answer as doesn't most people Chip but its just for me the question of "Why"? spend so long "testing" this thing, and then this crap?
X 2 brotha X 2 :\
I borrowed this from RCC

Now HERE is something depressing.....

3582498808_59e2b0ea9c_o.jpg

The output is solid steel. The inner part of the dig is P L A S T I C! wtf? No wonder they said, avoid shifting on the fly. DEFINITELY listen to them when they tell you this!

As I told SNG on the phone earlier this is my 2nd LCC in 24 hrs. The first one was missing some of the drive shaft parts.

If it wasn't plastic, they couldn't sell you the upgraded steel version as a hop-up later on.

Pretty poopy move on Losi's part. No wonder Jr. left the company.

so other than it being built with crappy faulty parts, the packaging department isnt doing a "satisfactory" job either huh? wow lmao.

so other than it being built with crappy faulty parts, the packaging department isnt doing a "satisfactory" job either huh? wow lmao.

Or the first truck I got was built on Friday at 4:45. :hehe:

lmao ya atleast thats a reasonable explanation lol.

good to hear. makes me love my axial products that much more. I bet axial is having a party right now. :D

Just a thought, but being this is supposed to be a comp level rig out of the box there really should not be any need for upgrades, really it should have had aluminum C's, Knuckles, and lock outs, And you would think they would have supported the CVD axle at both ends of the axle housing.

so anybody that bought one and doesn't like it want to sell it for cheap???..lmao...i truthfully wouldn't mind one if i could get it for the right price...i'm not going to use it hard or anything.

This is pretty pathetic for what was supposed to be a comp level rig. I'd like to read more than five sentences as a "review" though.

This is pretty pathetic for what was supposed to be a comp level rig. I'd like to read more than five sentences as a "review" though.

Well if they were not falling apart in some cases right out of the box and in others before they even got out of there living rooms then you might be able to get a review longer then 5 sentences, LOL!!!!!:hehe:

I can honestly say....... chip is the only person who i would believe 100% about anything crawling/crawlers. Glad I read this before considering this rig.

Another thing I really don't care for is the motor has to spin at a very high rpm to get any wheel speed at all out of this rig. Then the motors have to work with the worn gears which is not a very good means of gear reduction. Then worm gears create a lot of heat in the axles. I have heard that the axle cases are getting up to around 80 degrees. This also makes the motor operate at a much higher temp.

I am going to have to say, I am sorry guys for I did pump this rig because of the Losi name and all the date push backs. I honestly think that the truck can be built into a great rig with time and $$$$$$$$.

For now the AX-10 base rigs are much better then the Comp Crawler from Losi. The Berg and Mini Clod setups are the way to go at this time still.

Last edited:
Back