My HK Acme Trooper

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
First off, if you dont have one or dont have direct first hand experience with one, then keep negative comments to your self.

Although I bought two of these and was going to wait till Christmas, I decided to check mine out...lol

Everything actually looks pretty good. The balls are real loose in the rod ends though, letting there be alot of play. I'll replace them with traxxas ends though which should take care of alot of it.

001-1580.jpg

Also got some spares for when I break...:D

002-199.jpg

Only thing I did so far is re drill and shorten the body posts, they were real tall stock and the body sit really high....

004-157.jpg

005-120.jpg

Before....

003-173.jpg

After.....

006-103.jpg

The only problem I can see with shortening the body posts is that the tires may start to rub the bottom of the wheel wells. I can't see if there is clearence or not from the pictures though

Thats not a problem at all atleast not too me. Still have full up travel.

@ Raiden, I dont think there will be an issue with that unless the suspension is super soft and he goes WOT. On a landing yes, but it looks fine.

The rig looks great and built quite well, are those Flat Irons on that thing? Looking good thus far Lloyd

Their look alikes. Their a hard compound though but their the same size, right at 4".

^^^ Cuz its a no name rig. Which in most cases Id stay away from and recommend staying from too BUT not in this case.

My SC10 lid I was running on my slash 4x4 fits perfect.

001-385.jpg

002-200.jpg

SNG, that thing looks good to me. Other than the ball ends, has anything else just jumped out at you as far as quality wise? These things have been tempting me for a while now, if yours holds up, I may just have to pull the trigger on a cheapo SC truck. Their 1/18 and 1/16th stuff has been looking good to me too, especially for under $100

Not really yet. Suspensions seems good, its all plastic of course lol. doesn't have much steering throw though. What limits these type steering setups? Are there stops in side of those pivot arms?

Nothing wrong with plastic at that price, and better for a kids rig IMHO. I think what really limits them is the design, most importantly how much of an angle there is on the tie rods leading back to the servo. It seems the straighter the line to the servo, the more steering you get. I know that on my Pede, no matter how I adjust things, my inside tire always has more turning lock than the outside tire. My tie rods on that one have just a bit of angle headed back to the servo.

Yeah I dont mind having ackerman like that in my steering too much, seems to help cut in the turns. I might see about changing the steering up a bit, maybe a more direct approach.

Ran it for about 10 minutes today. 3s 5000 mah on stock electronics. Runs great! Runs about like a vxl setup on a 4wd slash. To me, it handles better than a stock 4wd slash. I'm not saying its better, its not, I'm sure the slash is still way more durable. But, I'm super happy at this point with this rig. Super cheap, parts are super cheap too, handles well, runs great. I didnt hit any big jumps but I did bash on it the entire time on the road and in the driveway, a few full speed rolls, no problems at all...

Do you know what wheels and tires will fit it? I am really considering getting one to try and race it. I just got rid of my 2wd SC10 to make room for a 4wd. I am really thinking about getting one but the wheels and the body are a concern. The body you put on there does not cover the tires completely making it illegal to run most places. And knowing that different wheels that have a different offset could be the answer.

They are just 2.2, inside and outside, wheels/tires. I dont have any other wheels at the moment to see if other 2.2's would fit under the lid better. Could do some thin hexes to lose some width if needed. I'll try to get ya some closer pictures if you want tomorrow....

Do you know what wheels and tires will fit it? I am really considering getting one to try and race it. I just got rid of my 2wd SC10 to make room for a 4wd. I am really thinking about getting one but the wheels and the body are a concern. The body you put on there does not cover the tires completely making it illegal to run most places. And knowing that different wheels that have a different offset could be the answer.

Well heres a pic of stock 2wd slash wheels with proline tires on the front and the stock wheels/tires in back with the sc10 lid. They do stick out a bit.

001-846.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I would think that may be good enough to pass tech. Some thinner hexes would definitely do the trick.

Thanks for the pics. I would think that may be good enough to pass tech. Some thinner hexes would definitely do the trick.

Yeah thinner hexes and you would be good I'm sure...

Looks good, so you are the reason so many parts are on backorder lol.

Heres mine: just recently put a 3500kv and 60A esc in it.
CIMG1982.jpg

CIMG1980.jpg

CIMG1977.jpg

so you are the reason so many parts are on backorder lol.

:hehe: Yeah I stocked up.

Rig looks good too bro.

^Good idea though, myself and a buddy have broken 6 or 7 lower a-arms, 3 servo saver/bellcrank posts, a few shocks, 1 body total jacked, body posts, lost c-clips, grub screws, wheel nuts and goes on ... ha

Back