My first SCX 24

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A typical electric RC car has a radio, receiver, ESC, motor, battery, and servo.
View attachment 184817
So the scx24 has a receiver/esc combo? I only see the motor, battery and esc (blue one)
I just bought the controller and the lizard pro. We’ll see how that goes. Thanks for your help 🙏

So the scx24 has a receiver/esc combo? I only see the motor, battery and esc (blue one)
I just bought the controller and the lizard pro. We’ll see how that goes. Thanks for your help 🙏
I added to my last reply. Go back and look at it again.

But yes, your SCX24 has the ESC and Reciever in the same unit. Which is why if you replace one, you need to replace the other.

And no worries. That's what we are all here for 😉

Cool, 👍. So if I eventually decide to go brushless this set up will work with that, right?
Thanks again 🙏

Cool, 👍. So if I eventually decide to go brushless this set up will work with that, right?
Thanks again 🙏
Yes. The Python and the Lizard ESC's will work with brushed and brushless motors.

can we see the new parts on when you get em? I'm in the market slowly for some scx24 upgrades as welll.
I saw in your thread you are wanting to widen your track.

The first things I would do to an SCX24:
1. New tires/wheels (watch diameter unless you don't mind trimming your body)
2. Servo
3. Steering links
4. Brass front and rear diff and steering knuckles
5. Upgraded links
6. Motor/ESC/Radio

If you want a wider stance (which most do at some point), wheel spacers or offset wheels work, but you'll likely need a new servo first as widening the track width adds a lot of positive scrub steer, which will be a lot harder on the servo.
main-qimg-9913747da9baf3cfa95c100820a203c1-lq.jpeg

Last edited:
I will eventually load pix, I’ve been busy due to work and life! I got my remote, managed to link the flysky to the receiver and lizard pro…I think my motor is fried, the servo works fine but the motor just does a shaking motion 🤦🏻‍♂️. Could it be due to the fact that it is a brushed motor on the lizard pro ESC?

Update: I had no idea I had to switch, on the fuitek app, from brushless to brushed…I already ordered the Bluetooth module.

I did replace the parts listed including the shocks which will be my next question.

Last edited:
Alrighty then!! My SCX24 is up and running. I still have to figure out how much oil to put into the injora 39mm shocks I got and if you guys notice one of the tires is pointing out 🤔. Still I can see the difference of upgrading to the lizard pro. I had to place the receiver and ESC a bit on the back of the tray so now the bumper lights don’t reach but that’s something I can figure out later. Maybe there is an extension cable.
I also vented the wheels and removed the foam from the rc4wd goodyear wrangler tires. Big difference!
I onto the next project, a traxxas trx4m green defender body.
Thanks y’all.

IMG_9912.jpeg

Alrighty then!! My SCX24 is up and running. I still have to figure out how much oil to put into the injora 39mm shocks I got and if you guys notice one of the tires is pointing out 🤔. Still I can see the difference of upgrading to the lizard pro. I had to place the receiver and ESC a bit on the back of the tray so now the bumper lights don’t reach but that’s something I can figure out later. Maybe there is an extension cable.
I also vented the wheels and removed the foam from the rc4wd goodyear wrangler tires. Big difference!
I onto the next project, a traxxas trx4m green defender body.
Thanks y’all.

View attachment 185631
Cool beans. These come in handy:
3-Pin RC Extension Cable Extension Cord Male to Famale Lead Extending Wire Set for Servo RC Planes Aircrafts and Cars System 5 Sizes 20PCS https://a.co/d/7NQoDmJ

If your body has light buckets, you might be able to reach them.
I looked at the replacement body and it doesn't look like it has buckets like the C10 does. Kinda figured they'd have some in there for that option.

I’m getting the extensions 👍

Back