my first rc!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big jilm

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What do you guys think of getting a revo 3.3 as my first rc??? I think it will suite my back yard bashing pretty well. My only concern is that its not quick enough..
Also wondering if the platinum is worth the extra money???
Thank in advance for any input....

are you going to race and the revo is definetly fast enough

the revo is DEF fast enough. if you are going to race get the platinum. if you are just going to bash around your backyard get a Revo 3.3 #5308

Speed + Durability is hard. Don't get me wrong, the Revo is plenty quick, but then the Jato is quicker; however, it's not nearly as durable and it does terrible on grass. For what you want, the Revo sounds good. As for the choice between the two, if you plan on Racing, for for the Platinum. If not, stick with the stock Revo 3.3

my advice is If your going to race get the platinum if not just get the revo.

Later on if you decide you want to race you can upgrade the regular revo # 5308 for under $60.

if you get just a revo 3.3 definatly get the 5308 model.

When was the 5308 model released??? I Found a deal on a revo 3.3 ... says it was purchased in late 06 but run little.. Looks great and is completely rtr for $250... What do you guys think....

the 5308 came out last year , the one your looking it is probally a 5309.

Not a bad deal i paid 200. for a 5309 so your in the ball park. good catch.

Still a good design??? Whats the majior changes?? What would it take to upgrade this model??? thanks for the help guys!!!

A littles bit different, It has a longer chassis, larger fuel tank, duel stage air filter, smaller reciever box and a single steering servo. Yeah there the only differences. Speed will be the same but handling better due to the longer chassis. The best upgrades for a Revo would just be to save your money and then replace arms with RPM ones and just stock up on parts that you break frequently and glow plugs.
Cheers Sam

Back