My first rc race helllllp

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nasir

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi guys i got my FIRST ever rc buggy race this Sunday and to be honest i am ....... my self lol. But i have plans if i crash into a losi 8ight or xtray i'll jump off the rostrum and change my name and go to spain lol :hehe:. No but serisouly i need some advice. I am racing a Thunder tiger eb4 s2 pro. Upgrades are sway bars,dish wheels,racing tyres,power hd servos bloody good ones too cost me £80.00 lol. Its about 2 months old and never tuned yet. But a good friend of mine is tuning it on Friday. :first_place:

So if you have any advice or something i would be very grateful.:banana-mario:

Thank you.

Tuning it for optimum performance only comes after a proper break in during the proper temperature. Even after a break in, most engines don't perform at their peak till they've had at least a gallon run through them.

Tuning it for optimum performance only comes after a proper break in during the proper temperature. Even after a break in, most engines don't perform at their peak till they've had at least a gallon run through them.

Rolex is right so dont run it so hard that you smoke the damn thing lay back in the pack get use to your buggy use this as a learning week there are more races to come. good luck:third_place:

I got lucky the first time I raced 1/8 offroad electric. I was running a not well known brand of car (Caster Racing) and coincidentally, one of their factory sponsored drivers was racing in the same class. He was able to help me with suspension set-up, getting the right tires for the track, even driving line tips. When my motor got damaged during practice, he even helped me to find a replacement.

Point of the story is try to get to know some of the race vets to help you out. I found that most racers are very noob friendly. Also when you are practicing between heats, drive conservatively to save the car and the tires. If your track does not have a shop on-site, bring plenty of spare parts even the ones you don't think will break. (Murphy's Law)

Be sure to pack a cooler with food, drink, snacks etc. I found that my nerves are worst when the stomach is empty. But most of all HAVE FUN and take it easy on the marshalls. :D

Thanks for the articles its been broken in and its had about a gallon through today my friend is coming to tune it. Thanks for all the help guys.

sure will mate, 1 more question it might seem stupid but i recently installed tbr bumpers to my car are they race legal?

Thanks

I went to my race practise today and broke my pull start 3rd one DAMN PULL STARTS but a friend of mine has a friend who works in a model shop. So he said my car is not compatible with any starter box's because my fly wheel is too high. And the only way to fix that is to cut the chassis a bit were the flywheel hole is. So i payed him £10.00 and he should bring my car tommorow to the race and he said i could use his starter box. So know i have to have my dad to buy me a starter box lol.

But overall the practise went very well. MY BIG RACE TOMMOROW very nervous.

Good to hear. Did they allow you to run your bumpers?

NEVER pull the starter like you would on a lawn mower. NEVER pull it the full distance, but very short quick repeated pulls at no more than half the rope length will start it and keep your starter alive.

NEVER pull the starter like you would on a lawn mower. NEVER pull it the full distance, but very short quick repeated pulls at no more than half the rope length will start it and keep your starter alive.

yea i know i always do small quick pulls, but i was talking to a mate of mine and looked back and the starter was gone i was like wtf? then i noticed it had actually melted on the exhaust and snapped off.

But i always have trouble with starters i lost 3 this year and my car is 4 months old lol. And i keep on losing my skin on my hands and my arm hurts lol.

Thanks

I had a nittro Rustler. i broke the pull start and went to the spin starter, which at the time i thought was great.....but the electric starter on the T-maxx is awesome. I could be wrong but it doesn't get any easier.

Yep, i enjoy the electric starter for the t-maxx, i use it as well, but they are known to have issues after a while, so i always keep a pull start and ignitor around just in case, good to have a few never know..:)

get some play dough, and hold it between your hand and the pull start. it saves your hands!

Back