My first high speed accident..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithoms

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Was going WOT on a path out to a road. Tried to break and the car just went faster... So I ran WOT myself out to thecar just as it collided with 2 fences breaking the rear wheel mount. Still going WOT it started doing doughnuts then came at me at which point I was able to grab it and stop it. At that point I noticed I had forgotten to pull out my aerial.. Luckily all that had happened was a pin had snapped out, so I put that back in and was good to go.
Sucks seeing as I've already bought a failsafe waiting for it to be delivered.

hahahahah i almost did that last time out...

hahahahah i almost did that last time out...

I get the same picture in my head every time I read a story like this.
R/C driver running as fast as he can, radio over his head trying to get a better signal, and screaming like a little girl. :D:hehe:

Don't feel bad. We've ALL been there....once. Then we installed a fail safe.

That sucks man. I've actually forgot to put up my antenna, but luckily I didn't go far out of range before I realized it.

Was going WOT on a path out to a road. Tried to break and the car just went faster... So I ran WOT myself out to thecar just as it collided with 2 fences breaking the rear wheel mount. Still going WOT it started doing doughnuts then came at me at which point I was able to grab it and stop it. At that point I noticed I had forgotten to pull out my aerial.. Luckily all that had happened was a pin had snapped out, so I put that back in and was good to go.
Sucks seeing as I've already bought a failsafe waiting for it to be delivered.

BUMMER, but :hehe: at the same time !:D

A fail safe and a throttle return spring. Don't run without 'em!!!

:goodpost: - That's for sure !;)

that happened to me I forgot to raise my antenna and it took off and started doing donuts and that's when I noticed my antenna was down. LOL

I learned the hard way how to adjust the throttle linkage on my maxx. Had it stretched to far and the swivel "popped" over and stuck wfo. All I could do was steer it into a frozen snow drift, watch it sail about 15' in the air over about a 60' distance and land upside down in a soft drift. It seems like such a silly mistake now, but everybody learns something the hard way. As soon as I new what was happening, I told my cousin to "go in the house and log onto ebay. I'll be back in a minute." I got lucky and didn't break anything, but I'm sure the engine screaming for 800' and then getting stuffed with snow all around it is why I'm short on compression. Talk about liquid cooled!

Don't feel bad. We've ALL been there....once. Then we installed a fail safe.

Not I sir...........yet. But that's because I joined this site before my rig arrived and was lucky enough to read a thread about how much of a life-saver (so to speak) a fail-safe is.:D

Ok ill try get a pic of the pin breakage point

Happened to me with my 1st RC Buggy. The condor I still have. Started it for the very first time and off it went. Straight into a metal fence and broke upper and lower left suspension arms. I was gutted. Alot more experienced now ;)

Hope you get yours fixed as soon as.

And the day just gets worse. I dont know if what happened yesterday just made this problem worse or wether i tightened the wheel nuts too hard, but the car completely seized up today. When i turned the pull start the wheels turned too. I managed to start the engine to see wether it would free the clutch but it just stressed and made horrible noises and cut. I took out the engine and opened the clutch. It had completely melted...
I've ordered 2 more..

Just a quick quesiton on the topic of throttle reutrn springs and fail safes. Does the spring perform the same task? I have some odd springs kicking around and if so it is a lot cheaper/lighter solution isn't it?

Running without a failsafe is, cut and dry, asking for trouble. They weigh nothing and cost $20. Springs can break without you knowing. Using both is the only way to go.

Been there done that....the failsafe and spring are cheap insurance. When I was back in the states there was a spot on my road I called the dead zone. This is because there was a 20ft patch of road that you would get no signal. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen. You could be right beside the car and get nothing....nada, zilch. Best thing is the failsafe would not work because there was some kind of interference that would trick the receiver in to thinking the car was on a suicide mission with a brick mailbox. Every time you go close to that thing it would veer towards the mailbox. I had to bring a couple people over because no one believed me. Anything AM was affected and FM was a little bit. Not sure about 2.4 because no one really had them yet. We called it the mailbox of death.

I am trying to picture what pin you are referring to that popped out and you just pooped back in. It is impossible for the A-arm pins to come out from a accident, all I can think of would be your pillow ball which mounts the axle carrier to the A-arm if thats the case might as well order some axle carriers. Once a pillow ball pops out for the first time it will continue to happen. Get yourself some RPM axle carriers. They are stronger and have over sized bearings.

Back