My 5t duntoberfest build!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks great! how did the body hold up? i would be afraid to run a custom body in the sand

Yah right lol, like id beat the crap out of the nicest body I've ever had lol. But really, my buddy Joe O'neil ran his and the proline body is to thick and it shatters. Holds up for a while but unlike the hpi body where it folds the proline just cracks. I wont run this body. Never ever lol.

Olds, Ill get body off pics after I rebuild the shocks, The caps came unscrewd on the front and spwed oil all over the shock covers lol.

And just so you guys know, this IS NOT A SHELF QUEEN! lol. I launched it about 15 feet in the air off a dune out there, it was beautiful lol. But I launched the buggy 20 lol. Ah good times.

Very cool. Ill bet that thing was a blast to rip around the dunes. It almost lookes full size. Awesome body.

Aw, that sucks! Shock oil + sand... I think I can hear Rolex's eye twitching right now!

Heck of a mess!

It wasn't so much sand on the shock shafts or getting into the fluid I covered all my bases. I make custom shock covers for bajas, and I'm running unbrella seals on the shafts so I have no leakage issues. But these shocks came off my old SS sand car, and only had one run on them. I wasn't about to rebuild them to run in the sand again lol, so I threw them on the truck without checking. My friend makes teflon seals for the caps of the rezzies and one simpply unscrewd itself on the last run becuase it had just giggled loose lol. But beings I have to rebuild 2 for the front ill do all 4. I'm going to experiment and try fork oil this time though, and its now a matter of going to the motorcycle shop. I want to bash this bad boy again though, I got to get a vid!

The Rat Fink scheme is awesome! I wish I would have thought of that!

Here are the body off pics I prommised lol!
CIMG1269.jpg

CIMG1270.jpg

CIMG1271.jpg

CIMG1273.jpg

CIMG1274.jpg

CIMG1275.jpg

CIMG1276.jpg

CIMG1279.jpg

NICE!!

Anaheim, eh? Those must be Glamis pics, then? I bet it's fun to bash out there! :)

NICE!!

Anaheim, eh? Those must be Glamis pics, then? I bet it's fun to bash out there! :)

Dune pics were from buttercup. Body off pics were from a bash yesterday in riverside.

hows that gbe pipe ???

BAD A$$! Its actually a proto I'm testing for him. Its got the larger head pipe then you will find on all his other pipes for more flow with the bigger motor. It straight screams! Ill get a vid someday lol.

Back