Mudding?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underoath4177

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Could anyone tell me what would be the best truck to use for mudding, and what I would have to do to it?

i had an xtm x-factor, that i used for mud bogging, you can use any truck, just need to waterproof it, put the reciever in a balloon and use silicone, to seal stuff up, like servos etc. basically, just the electronics

Just remember, if you take it in the mud, you're probably going to get it dirty (gives me goosebumps, a dirty RC is like running my fingers on a chalkboard). As long as you do a complete teardown afterwards to clean it, it will last a long time. The new E-Maxx and Traxxas Slash both come with waterproof electronics, and the new E-Revo is also going to come with waterproof electronics. I think you're looking for nitro, but I just thought that I would throw it out there. A monster truck is going to give you more ground clearance and bigger tires. As long as you make sure all of the electronics are waterproof, and you try not to get water in the engine, and perform a tear down afterwards to clean everything up, the mud shouldn't cause too many problems. You will probably want to change your bearings more often than people who keep their rigs out of the dirt, or you can use the grease bullett from fast eddy to clean and regrease the bearings.

You can use just about anything you want to go mudding...all depends on how deep your pockets are and what you want to spend after you break it. :D

You may want to adjust the slipper clutch a little also...mudding puts a lot of strain on the transmission of the RC. You will also want to take some care to tighten things up before running and getting a suitable cover for your carb should you be running a nitro. Sucking in water and mud is not so good for the engine.

I used to take my T-Maxx and Savage mudding...then my buggies. The trucks were a tone more fun. Here's a shot from the gallery of my T-Maxx after tearing up the drive train in some mud...
50MVC-373F.JPG

Going muddin was fun........ one time. I had about 20-30 minutes worth of fun with my Revo before something broke. The mud I was in wasn't nearly as watery as what skymaxx was running in. You will have to tear it completely apart and clean it, I didn't think mine got that dirty under the hood, but there were bits of mud in places I'd never even seen before. LOL

Back