Mud Flaps

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raiden101

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've seen mud flaps on many different short course trucks, but why hasn't anyone made one for the Slayer? Or am I incompetent and can't find them?

You may be able to mount the RPM flaps on the Slayer with a little work.

I saw someone on the Traxxas forum do it, but before I went that route I wanted to see if there was some made for the Slayer already

slash flaps should fit you just need to get the rpm bumper for them to be installed the right way.. I dont own a slayer yet but they look about the same on bumber styles...

My opinion, (I know it wasn't requested, but I'll give it anyway) they are useless. That and they are made from cheap rubber, and they rip away from the screws. When my first mudflap ripped, I pulled them both, tossed them on the workbench, and there they sit. The only racers I know that use them, are either the ones with brand new trucks, or the ones who are too lazy to take them off, leaving them flapping around.

If you just want realism, they're cool. If you want to save money, don't bother.

I have been having good luck wiht mine.. and they do help alittle bit.. I put my paddle tires on my 2wd slash and they do keap a portion of the spray back down... it definetly cuts down the distance that the debris goes!!! Sorry to hear that you dont like them and didnt have any luck with them.. My slash gets flipped so many times aday on pavement and in the dirt and they still are all good ( knock on wood cause I have no good luck at all)...

Thanks Alien, I wasn't looking for realism, mostly to try to keep the dirt from mixing with the exhaust oil and sticking all over the inside of my body. In theory, they should do that, but apparently not.

The RPM flaps need a little modding to fit the stock slayer bumper. I think I'll just stay away from them

A flap tore off my truck, but I still leave the other in tact so it looks bashed around lol. Me personally like the flaps, not only for looks but helps keep the roost from the tires out of my face a little.

Thanks Alien, I wasn't looking for realism, mostly to try to keep the dirt from mixing with the exhaust oil and sticking all over the inside of my body. In theory, they should do that, but apparently not.

The RPM flaps need a little modding to fit the stock slayer bumper. I think I'll just stay away from them

Try WD-40. On the 1:1 race car, we would spray key points with it before going on the track. It keeps the dirt from sticking and building up. Just spray the inside of the body around the wheel wells.

The mudflaps wouldn't really prevent this anyway, as they stop the back spray, not the upward spray.

Try WD-40. On the 1:1 race car, we would spray key points with it before going on the track. It keeps the dirt from sticking and building up. Just spray the inside of the body around the wheel wells.

I'll have to try that, thanks for the tip