motors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonDutton

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
biggest motor that will easily fit on a tmaxx and biggest for revo 2

Depends on how you define easy...

I may be wrong, but for a relatively straight fit something like the Picco .26 JL Red-Dot is what I think of - and even then you need a special engine mount. At that point, you open up a whole new realm of possibilities.

You can fit almost any big block in the Revo with the correct mount. The problem is that you start breaking things if you get too much power. The New Era BB mount is supposed to be the best. Good luck trying to find one.

I personally like the Picco .26 Maxx. Plenty of power and easy enough to install in the Revo with a Traxxas BB mount.

Os .21 makes a direct fit motor for the revo and is plenty of power. You go to big in either the t maxx or revo the 1/10 scale parts can't handle the power and you end up fixing it more than playing with it. The os .21 is about 30% more power than a traxxas 3.3. My buddy put one in his and it will smoke my 3.3 in any application but isn't too much that you can't control it. Os is my next investment in my revo but that's just my opinion.

Os .21 makes a direct fit motor for the revo and is plenty of power. You go to big in either the t maxx or revo the 1/10 scale parts can't handle the power and you end up fixing it more than playing with it. The os .21 is about 30% more power than a traxxas 3.3. My buddy put one in his and it will smoke my 3.3 in any application but isn't too much that you can't control it. Os is my next investment in my revo but that's just my opinion.

Also the picco .26 is a direct fit and is a great motor as well.

yea the 2 i had in mind

The Picco .26 needs a Ofna mount but that is easy enough. Not a "direct fit" but an easy one. The OS .21TM fits into the factory mount....but cost about $50 more than the Picco. I have had good luck with mine so far. It is silly in a Revo.

I would prob go with the picco .26 because it is cheaper and more motor for the money. I'm kinda torn myself been thinking of dropping in one or the other myself for about a week. I love my 3.3 don't get me wrong but it's getting old so I think it's time for more motor. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

I would prob go with the picco .26 because it is cheaper and more motor for the money. I'm kinda torn myself been thinking of dropping in one or the other myself for about a week. I love my 3.3 don't get me wrong but it's getting old so I think it's time for more motor. ;)

I was heart set on the os but the more I read about people that have the picco .26 and they all love it it's got me torn between the two now.

i feel ya there and i did just get a brand new 3.3 for 55

Can ya help me I'm looking into putting a new engine in my rs4 3 evo but I don't want something that barely out runs my stock engine pls give me some choices and advice

Back