Mini-Z's are a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_789

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok as I am sure some of you know I got a couple mini-z last night. I was looking at getting a couple microsizers for me and my wife so she could enjoy a bit of my hobby. Well I decided last week that for the cash i was gonna drop for 2 microsoziers and all the hop-ups for them that i would just hold off and maybe get a couple mini-z's later or just not mess with it.
Well last night I got a couple mini-z's from the lhs that is going bust. It was pretty cool. I talked the wife into letting me build mine so it would be ready to go come X-max he he he. :) We both have i dentical cars but mine is silver and hers is red and on diffrent channels of course. They are really simple to build a few screws and a couple push on washers to hold stuff in place. Then installing the decals. It took about 30 minutes to put them together and install all the decals that we wanted. It was fun to get my wife involved I let her "build" he car all by her self other than ginvin some basic instructions on installing decals and the push washers.
Anyway after they were built I had to install some batteries simply to see if this thing had variable steering and you know do a full systems check dont want a dude come x-mass. Well next thing you know we were racing them dudes all over the house. On the burber carpet the tile flor in living room and wooden floor in hallway. These little dudes fly and the are tough. We ended up playing TAG for about 20 minutes. That was more fun than tring to race on the slick tile. I have a feeling thought that on the driveway these little dudes will hoook up.
All I had was some used batteries I scavaged fromk some dvd remotes but we got atleast 20 minutes run time. This is much better than a microsizer or something. I sent my dude I buy batteries from an email last night and I got 16 nimh aaa on the way. Should have them this saturday monday at latest that is two full swaps. That should be plenty of playing
Anyway these things are just a blast. Its nice to play with something that does not take all the prepwork to run like the maxx does.. Just drop in some batteries and let it rip. Man I really haven't had that much fun with rc in a while. I tottaly reccomend them if you want to get the spouse involved with you in a bit. It also helped revive my love for the hobby at times the T-Maxx can eat you alive between tunning and breaking parts it can really start to wear on you. But this it was just good easy fun. Ok I have to end this thread now becuase I have to start ordering hop-ups for these little guys. X

I love mine, I have around 6000 sf of warehouse space with concrete floors. What a gas!!

If you run on slick floors get a set of soft tires they hookup a lot better. I have been through the hop-up routine and found that you can spend a lot of $$ with just a bit of performance gain. You might want to just have some-low cost fun and invest in a good battery charger you can use for all your hobbies. The batteries you ordered will be the single most effective ho-pup.

You have a Cat? 8-0

Hey man I was mainly looking at getting bearings for both cars and possilbly the shock setups for the rear. What do you have on yours and do you have any pics.

Do you know where is the best place to get bearings cheap tower wants 20 for a set i see them online in japan for 7 bucks but screw japan X

Back