Mighty FC Remix first Run!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That truck is sweet well done bud. We'll done sir on the print job. The colors are awesome. And looks fantastic. I'm a big fan of blue haha. Nicely done bud 👍👍

While I've done a bit to improve it for my own use the Ahead RC design is awesome. It's not like a lot of the bodies that are designed single wall more as an imitation of a lexan body, This body is a class in how a true "Hardbody" model should be built. It's all double wall construction so you can choose wall thickness and infill to make it as solid or flexible as you want. That print is a single wall, single top/bottom and I think around 20% cubic subdivision infill. My next print will be 25% CS infill and 3 walls, 4 top/bottom and I think it will put it right where I want it.

The other disadvantage that cab had is that it was my first PETG print in over a year and my first PETG print on my new printer. I ran a calibration cube then printed the cab lol.

The blue was something I bought on a whim without a project in mind. Overture had a sale on 2 packs and that came with a roll of black and I thought I wanted black. I've almost used the entire roll of the blue and haven't touched the black haha. I'm ordering more of the blue in both PLA pro and PETG.

For some reason when I was printing all of the little hinge and handle pieces I grabbed the blue instead of the black and I'm glad I did. It's a great contrast to the grey and shows off the detail of the design. The mirrors have taken some abuse, again a really good design. The connection from mirror to base and base to truck both have enough free play to swivel so when they hit something they usually just swivel and fold in because they can move in more than one direction. The mirrors for the Redcat Scout body are like that and it makes them really durable.

While I've done a bit to improve it for my own use the Ahead RC design is awesome. It's not like a lot of the bodies that are designed single wall more as an imitation of a lexan body, This body is a class in how a true "Hardbody" model should be built. It's all double wall construction so you can choose wall thickness and infill to make it as solid or flexible as you want. That print is a single wall, single top/bottom and I think around 20% cubic subdivision infill. My next print will be 25% CS infill and 3 walls, 4 top/bottom and I think it will put it right where I want it.

The other disadvantage that cab had is that it was my first PETG print in over a year and my first PETG print on my new printer. I ran a calibration cube then printed the cab lol.

The blue was something I bought on a whim without a project in mind. Overture had a sale on 2 packs and that came with a roll of black and I thought I wanted black. I've almost used the entire roll of the blue and haven't touched the black haha. I'm ordering more of the blue in both PLA pro and PETG.

For some reason when I was printing all of the little hinge and handle pieces I grabbed the blue instead of the black and I'm glad I did. It's a great contrast to the grey and shows off the detail of the design. The mirrors have taken some abuse, again a really good design. The connection from mirror to base and base to truck both have enough free play to swivel so when they hit something they usually just swivel and fold in because they can move in more than one direction. The mirrors for the Redcat Scout body are like that and it makes them really durable.
Hell yeah man. The thicker walls and thicker tops/bottoms. Will definitely help with stiffness. And props to you with throwing down the first print of PETG. That's a pretty hard filament to run. And that blue on grey is sweet... well done👍👍

I also have a 3D printer. And they are awesome. I love using my Ender 3. If you can think it you can make it.

After a long hiatus I've jumped back into this truck. I finally settled on a driver and together we celebrated kicking off the interior design.

I printed up the first set of parts and now it's time to pull the body off the truck and do some fitment before I start the new cab print in case I need to modify something.
PXL_20240101_224220580.jpg

PXL_20240101_224543531.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20240103_232257271.jpg

PXL_20240103_232318909.jpg

PXL_20240103_232438850.jpg

Good thinking with the porta-potty seat. 🤣 lookin' good, can't wait to see version 2.

Your driver looks like a pissed off Barry Gibbs from the Bee Gees.

Good thinking with the porta-potty seat. 🤣 lookin' good, can't wait to see version 2.

Your driver looks like a pissed off Barry Gibbs from the Bee Gees.

The whole interior is a mashed together and modified bunch of parts from different free files. I think the hole in the seat was for a servo passthrough for a moving driver on a RHD model.

It's the Kurt Russell figure from The Thing but you are the second person to make the Barry Gibbs comparison.
He will probably be joined by a Bruce Campbell/Evil Dead figure before long.

Rig of the month right there. Then all those rigs should battle for rig of the year…. What do you say @WoodiE ?

Definitely a work in progress. I built a mount for my GoPro that hangs it directly behind the cab looking through the rear window. Should make for some fun video.
You need to take a look at FJC's Hotwheels diorama.

I have several now including the monster linked below. Very mixed media and a ton of fun with the handheld fog machine my wife got me for Christmas. I've also been modifying diecast cars which is what has been distracting me from RC stuff. I built and sold a couple of dioramas to fund other things.

DSC_0055.JPG

https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/653661#post670524

It's the Kurt Russell figure from The Thing but you are the second person to make the Barry Gibbs comparison.
I thought it was supposed to be Kurt Russell, just add an eye patch for Snake Plisken. ;) Really enjoy watching the progress on this one. :thumbs-up:

The whole interior is a mashed together and modified bunch of parts from different free files. I think the hole in the seat was for a servo passthrough for a moving driver on a RHD model.

Definitely a work in progress. I built a mount for my GoPro that hangs it directly behind the cab looking through the rear window. Should make for some fun video.

I have several now including the monster linked below. Very mixed media and a ton of fun with the handheld fog machine my wife got me for Christmas. I've also been modifying diecast cars which is what has been distracting me from RC stuff. I built and sold a couple of dioramas to fund other things.

View attachment 178322
https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/653661#post670524
That is so cool man!

Really love this shot...
DSC_0051.jpg

Mocked up the interior and went to the coast for the weekend a couple weeks ago and put the new GoPro Hero 11 my wife picked up for me to use. This is one video and I put several others on my channel. They are all just plain raw footage so don't expect massive entertainment. I mostly do it so I can watch them on my TV easier because I like to see how the truck moves.

https://www.youtube.com/@NothingFancyRC

This guy is getting impatient with me and he's a little threatening so I need to make some adjustments and get his truck finished haha.

PXL_20240216_171419537.jpg

Mocked up the interior and went to the coast for the weekend a couple weeks ago and put the new GoPro Hero 11 my wife picked up for me to use. This is one video and I put several others on my channel. They are all just plain raw footage so don't expect massive entertainment. I mostly do it so I can watch them on my TV easier because I like to see how the truck moves.

https://www.youtube.com/@NothingFancyRC

This guy is getting impatient with me and he's a little threatening so I need to make some adjustments and get his truck finished haha.

View attachment 181885

Looks like you need a new headliner. 🤣

Looks like you need a new headliner. 🤣

Haha, I'm still running the fast and dirty print of the cab which was the first PETG I ran through what was at the time a new printer I hadn't even printed PLA on. Temps were a little low and speed was too high, but the stupid thing takes hit after hit and has only cracked once. I glued it back together and it hasn't broken again.

I will print a nicer one at some point but I was actually considering doing a fabric headliner anyway if I'm doing POV type videos. I still consider the whole thing a working prototype. I actually have a cab-over style camper designed for it too.