Mighty FC Remix first Run!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJC_GUY

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Got the body together enough to give it a run last night. Bumpers are friction fit still and not hard mounted. The canopy slots in and has no attachment at the moment, although it stays on just fine unless it ends up on it's side.

Still lots of work to do but for the first body I've printed and modded I'm happy with the initial results. I'll run it all until failure before doing any final prints. Inside is a spaghetti factory right now since all the light wiring is temporary. Co-worker that does all our electrical work at the shop will probably have a stroke if he sees it.

Short video of it hitting the woodpile.

Body is based on the AheadRC Mighty FC design, custome bumpers, mocked up bed skirts, and canopy.

Very unique rig, i like it!
Side note, is it just me, or is a pile of firewood not one of the most challenging spots to wheel?

Very unique rig, i like it!
Side note, is it just me, or is a pile of firewood not one of the most challenging spots to wheel?

It brings its own challenges for sure. Things shift and move, it's a mix of Cherry and Fir chunks, really dicey when it's wet.

I'm planning on heading out to my favorite spot on Saturday and getting some time on smooth rocks at the river.

Work has been crazy the last couple of weeks and I didn't have the energy to drive anywhere this morning but I wanted to test it out with the 3.5 oz I added to the beadlock barrel of each wheel when I swapped the blue faces in. Balance is awesome for the height of the rig. When it does end up on it's side if a front tire can get a little grip it will turn itself back over often.

Going to do some durability testing of the current parts before doing much more as far as finish work. The canopy has a bunch of design changes now and will be done in PETG for a final. I figure if PLA Pro will hold up for a while then it will be great in PETG. I added a bungee strap to hold the canopy on and will probably put a channel in the canopy to somewhat hide it for the final design. It works great.

Also added some amber 3mm leds to the lower part of the headlights.

Pics and vids

PXL_20230722_204359574.jpg
PXL_20230722_204405648.jpg
PXL_20230722_204418944.jpg
PXL_20230722_204323029.jpg
PXL_20230722_204327520.jpg

Love that slow crawl! She's lookin' really good, have you decided what the finished color will be?

What color will you paint it?
I was thinking the same thing. Was thinking maybe the military olive. Or the military green. Or sand tan the rear has looks good

What color will you paint it?

I shot the body with Rustoleum Natural Cement Finish and the canopy in Rustoleum Chalked Ultra Matte Charcoal Finish.

The Blue is the Digital Blue PLA Pro color I decided would look good all over. Couple of pics then I'm off to pressure wash so I have time to get some vids today.

That's a pretty sweet rig you got there bud. Looks awesome. Does a awesome job crawling for tall vehicle.. WELL DONE SIR 👍👍

When I changed the wheel color I added 3.5 oz of weight to each beadlock ring. The wheel and tire package weighs in at just over a pound total for all 4. It's a little more rotating mass than I like but it does a great job of keeping it planted and gives it a very scale articulation.

PXL_20230806_171109076.jpg
PXL_20230806_171034441.jpg
PXL_20230806_171217568.jpg
PXL_20230806_171236492.jpg
PXL_20230806_171316562.jpg
PXL_20230806_171337793.jpg

Interior is in the works. There are some things like the windows and wiring to the roof lights I decided to leave unfinished in the interest of just driving the thing.

I shot the body with Rustoleum Natural Cement Finish and the canopy in Rustoleum Chalked Ultra Matte Charcoal Finish.

The Blue is the Digital Blue PLA Pro color I decided would look good all over. Couple of pics then I'm off to pressure wash so I have time to get some vids today.

When I changed the wheel color I added 3.5 oz of weight to each beadlock ring. The wheel and tire package weighs in at just over a pound total for all 4. It's a little more rotating mass than I like but it does a great job of keeping it planted and gives it a very scale articulation.

View attachment 169702View attachment 169703View attachment 169704View attachment 169705View attachment 169706View attachment 169707

Interior is in the works. There are some things like the windows and wiring to the roof lights I decided to leave unfinished in the interest of just driving the thing.
Hell yeah man she looks sweet with the blue accents. Good thinking with adding the extra weight to hold her down to the ground..Well done bud. 👍👍

Took some major hits and the low quality print cab cracked. The right side is a seam that wont exist when I reprint it because I'll do the one piece version. I did the two piece for the first version to save time and filament.

The other crack is glued and drying. I'm going to run this cab until it either explodes or I get the one piece cab and my interior project finished up. Hopefully the latter because I really like the way this thing looks and moves right now.

The cracked lightbar was no shock since that is an old part I printed on my old printer that was at the top of it's limits printing PETG. Although I will say the inner wheel faces that attach to the hub are from that printer and the only hex that has failed was my fault.

PXL_20230812_172106939.jpg

PXL_20230812_172143018.jpg

PXL_20230812_172046346.jpg

PXL_20230812_172206377.jpg

That thing is so sweet. What are you running for a motor and ESC? Mike

For electronics I'm running the following:

Hobbywing Fusion Pro 2300kv
FlySky GT5 and BS6 receiver. The Gyro can actually be pretty fun with drifting on ice.
MyTrickRC UF7-C light controller with a no name $14 light and controller piggybacked to it to provide some alternate flashing abilities.

Original Traxxas steering servo that just won't die. I've had a replacement ready for over a year and it just keeps chugging along. Like anyone old it gets tired when it gets hot and it doesn't have the strength it used to but now it's like it adds to the challenge of driving. I want to allow it to die with dignity doing what it loves.

Took some major hits and the low quality print cab cracked. The right side is a seam that wont exist when I reprint it because I'll do the one piece version. I did the two piece for the first version to save time and filament.

The other crack is glued and drying. I'm going to run this cab until it either explodes or I get the one piece cab and my interior project finished up. Hopefully the latter because I really like the way this thing looks and moves right now.

The cracked lightbar was no shock since that is an old part I printed on my old printer that was at the top of it's limits printing PETG. Although I will say the inner wheel faces that attach to the hub are from that printer and the only hex that has failed was my fault.

View attachment 169978

View attachment 169979

View attachment 169980

View attachment 169981

That truck is sweet well done bud. We'll done sir on the print job. The colors are awesome. And looks fantastic. I'm a big fan of blue haha. Nicely done bud 👍👍