Maxamps

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triplej

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys. Has anybody out there had any experience with maxamps 11.1v lipos? The strongest thing in my fleet by far is a Venom 11.1v 20c that by far exceeds the manufacturer's rating. It is ridiculously stronger than 20c and I need another pair for a Mamba Monster so I wanted some feedback from you guys as to the validity of the 120c dump rate claims of Maxamps and reliability. Thanks for the feedback.

My first 3 lipo's ever where hella expensive Max Amps. All 3 stopped working within 2 months. Got another 2, sold one to a buddy here, it swelled in like a week for him. Started using Turnigy then and had very very very good luck with them. As well as Gens.

The maxamps definitely arent cheap. I've had good success with Venom and excellent customer service. I've had six Venoms so far and one crapped out on me but I shipped it back and they sent me a brand new replacement within thirty days, so I can't complain. The 11.1v 20c is STUPID!!! strong, but I was looking into something maybe a little stronger for the Mamba but I wanted some feedback because some of the gear I've bought recently was not very good quality. Thanks for the input.

---------- Post added at 9:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:19 PM ----------

Oh, just f.y.i. the conversion for the slash/stampede spool differential works great to improve traction by givin. you positive traction out of the diferential and makes both tires turn with no slip at allout of the diff and improves performance but they can't stand up to 3s in the pede or slash. They just snap right in half right where the grub screw/set pin goes into the axle shaft. Works great for hill climbing, jumps, etc. but just can't handle 3s longer than 2-3 minutes. 2s works but 3s just blows them out quick,fast and in a hurry.

---------- Post added at 9:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:28 PM ----------

What would you recommend for the viscosity for diff fluid to improve traction over stock for mainly bashing and fairly rough trail running?

Your diffs break or just the drive shafts? I think theres probably some nice upgrade shafts.

Hopefully someone else will chime in though.

No. The diff didnt break I was just looking for more traction and less slip on the wheel that would be binding. I have M.I.P.' s on there and you can't break them. Theyre the toughest axle I've ever seen. But for $120 for four I guess they should be. I take the diffs apart every so often to clean them and the bearings but I'd like more traction than an open diff. A buddy used some 100k in his awhile back but a few people have told me that 100k was so thick and sticky it would shorten the lifespan of the motor.I'm not sure if that is correct and havent tried it yet, so any input would be appreciated.

You want a good read on max amps?

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139612

They legally removed a review vid from utube to hide how misleading the company is. They legally pressured the owner of the forum above to remove all mention of their company from the frum. This is a highly respected member of the rc community that has been abused in this case.
Read it all and run away from maxcramps as fast as you can. Max amps is out to rip you off!

Check out this company:
http://www.spcracing.com/index.php?categoryID=13

I have been dealing with them for 2 years, and super customer service, value, and true rated packs. If you call the number on the site, ask for Tom.

Last edited:
^+1^ I've read about how Max Amps fudges there numbers and "pressure" people who challenge them. I haven't been into electrics or RCs in general for too long but I think Max Amps MAY have been top notch when they first started and then after getting so big, their quality went down and they try to make up for it by throwing money back into RC and buying reviews from some people. Again I don't know much about them other than what's been coming out over the last year or so. I've noticed the same thing with Optima batteries in the 1:1 side, they were once one of the best but lately I've been seeing them fail pretty quick.

Waste of money. Sky LiPo, gensacearespammers, or Turnigy. Much cheaper and just as good.

For the money gensacearespammers batteries are definatly the best battery you can buy. You could probabily buy 2-3 gens for the price of 1 Max amps. I use turnigy and gensacearespammers in ALL my cars from 2-4 cells,and saddle packs...Been using them for about 2 sesones or raceing and the havent failed me! Their awsome:D