major problem with sway bars!!! *HELP* PLEASE

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milan_drago

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well..... i bought the front sway bar for the hyper 7 tq right. as it doesent come with one. i put it in. and i tested it by lifting one side up and see if the other one goes up, (i did) then i did the ame with the other side. and then the other side did lift up, but much more higher.... after much inspection on what the hell was going on. the sway bars came bent. so i tried straghting them up with pliers, but as you know its hard to get em perfect. i looked at the rears to, and guess what there not straight too and it came from stock! it was only a miniscule bend tho but still! lol. so. what do i do to get them straight? or have both side equally lifting when one side is lifted.

many thanks
milan

*please help me am desperate lol*

By "bent" do you mean they looked like this:

2m663k8.gif

They are supposed to be bent like this!

By "bent" do you mean they looked like this:

2m663k8.gif

They are supposed to be bent like this!

nooooooo, they are bent as in one side goes up more than the other. so if you was too take off the sway bars and just have the rod on its own, and you place it on a straight table, it would not be flat, one side ywould be slightly higher than the other!

many thanks for your help.

milan

ouu and just to let you know i have been racing for 4 years. so i know what things look like how there ment to be, am just looking for a solution for this problem.

thanks for your help please keep it coming untill we get a solution lol!

nooooooo, they are bent as in one side goes up more than the other. so if you was too take off the sway bars and just have the rod on its own, and you place it on a straight table, it would not be flat, one side ywould be slightly higher than the other!
The bars should be made of spring steel and flex but not bend. I can't even begin to picture how they would bend more on one side than the other or to change angles from one side to the other. Good luck bro!

a torch and a table vice would get them bent back.....although it might alter the flexibilty to the point where they are useless and hurt/destroy the performance of the car, not sure on the chemistry/physics but i know high heat changes the flex/strength of metals. i have to think that you could put them in a table vice and just try to bend them in place without a torch as well but more difficult.... or you could get new parts, thats always an option

hi, well the parts are new, i have tried bending them, all i need to do though is when i push the right side, the left side should go up nicely, it does...... but when i push the left side up the right side goes up by a marginal size. this is due to the sway bars being slightly bent, i am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows how to fix?

The bars should be made of spring steel and flex but not bend. I can't even begin to picture how they would bend more on one side than the other or to change angles from one side to the other. Good luck bro!

also, i dident mean to say it bends on more side than the other, just one side it bent up and other side is bent down, they are not stright

Back