lst2 slipper

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coach Z

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
When is it time to replace the shoes in the slipper? Mine seems to be ok but I've noticed some discoloration even after I cleaned them. Is that just heat build up?

When is it time to replace the shoes in the slipper? Mine seems to be ok but I've noticed some discoloration even after I cleaned them. Is that just heat build up?
I change mine just before springs hit the bell hope this helps

Thanks, I think we're talking about two different things though, I think you mean the clutch on the engine, and I'm wondering about the slipper clutch that mounts the spur gears to the transmission and absorbs some of the shock loads from free wheeling in the air and the sudden deceleration to the drivetrain when you land.

Thanks, I think we're talking about two different things though, I think you mean the clutch on the engine, and I'm wondering about the slipper clutch that mounts the spur gears to the transmission and absorbs some of the shock loads from free wheeling in the air and the sudden deceleration to the drivetrain when you land.
sorry about that but i bouhgt my truck in november 06 and still have the same slipper pads in it runs great still pulls wheelies

How do you have the slipper set?Tight, loose or right in the middle?

If the pads are disfigured or torn, I would replace them. My Basher LST had the same ones from the old owner and they lasted through me and the next owner. I used the Mach 26 and even tried the STS 30 in it for a short period.

Just make sure that they are seated in properly....

I'm set at factory, maybe just a little tighter. Sounds like no need to wrry mine seem to be in good shape other then some light scoring. Thanks for everybodys advice.

Back