LST2 is Junk

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBinSaneDiego

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
If it's not one thing it's another. I just put it back together after a major crash, I get all the servo's working correctly. And now it keeps popping out of gear, and when I apply the brakes, the front end locks up and it flips. And now it seems like it might be the rear diff and or tranmission. I'll run it again tomorrow and make a list of problems before I tear down the diff/transmission. I Should have listened to everyone and bought a Savage.

damn that sucks man. just be pacient. if all else fails sell it and get something else that you like. no reason to get all stress out over something that can be avoided. double check everything and take your time. good luck.

sounds like its the operater more than truck. u used the term "major crash" wonder if that had anything to do with the problems ur having. Sounds like might need to check the internal gear selecter in tranny i would tear it down just to check it. Anyway about the brakes u probly need to back off the end point adjustment on the radio. That is the likey cause of the "flips". If u dont fix the brakes this WILL cause drive train damage, if its has not already.

Didn't that thing go squirlly on you before? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the same truck you were talking about earlier with the radio problems.

Before you run it again, tear it down and find out what's going on. Next, I'd highly recommend replacing the radio system with something a little bit higher end. You can get a nice radio NIP for under $120 I bet.

Let me repeat that I'd definetely find out what's going on before you continue running it and end up with even more of a problem than you began with.

just my :2cents:

busted it comes with a JR computer radio. Nothing wrong with his radio system. He had a major crash, and with a major crash comes major complications. We all have had them, its a noob frustration.

Nothing wrong with the radio system that comes with these trucks. JR XS3 and it rocks. I do belive it to be operator error. I fell prey to OE when I slammed my LST2 into a light pole at 15 plus mph and broke the side rails and steering bellcrank, but that was it.(watching a bud flip his Savage) This truck is much tougher than the 1st lst and it WILL take the abuse. I've been buying extra parts on ebay just incase, but havent needed tham yet, thank goodness. Sound sto me like the linkages arent set properly. Just a guess

Yes it was in a major crash, and I replaced all broken parts. The problem was not a poor TX/RX, or cross interference from the RC airplanes. After getting it back together, it ran great for about a tank (it stayed in gear, and the brakes were stopping the truck evenly), and then it just went down hill.... The front brakes locking up, and it slipping out of gear. Going to clean it up today, and tear out the rear diff, and transmission And going to bid on replacements so I can run it while working on the problem pieces. At least I'll soon be an expert on tear down/rebuild.

Well looks like it just the transmission... which may have had a problem before my accident... Won't stay in forward, and won't shift into reverse either with the servo or manually. Anybody now abut the transmission?

no big deal.. forward/reverse selector. must have been op error. but i don't remember trying to shift f/r while moving.

IBinSaneDiego said:
If it's not one thing it's another. I just put it back together after a major crash, I get all the servo's working correctly. And now it keeps popping out of gear, and when I apply the brakes, the front end locks up and it flips. And now it seems like it might be the rear diff and or tranmission. I'll run it again tomorrow and make a list of problems before I tear down the diff/transmission. I Should have listened to everyone and bought a Savage.

If you had got a savage do you REALLY think there would be no problems???
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
go read in the savage threads, LOL
Mine and my bro's savages have been nothing but trouble!!!
diff eaters for starters!!
you need to spend money on a savage to bring them up to date with the world before you start!
anyway dude,
it doent matter what truck you get, they all have issues!!!

i own both a LST2 and a tricked out savage, i will pick my stock LST2 over my savage any day of the week.
overall better truck in all aspects!

anyway thats my opinion, hope you have more luck in the future with your truck dude.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your LST2..but agree a Savage would not be any less problems:eek:pps: .....should of bought a REVO instead man...lol.:banana: :whip: :wasted:

Scott

I had a savage that i sold to get the LST2 and do not regret it a bit. The savage had a lot in it for racing and the LST2 is a better truck right out the box. I am having a little problem with flipping but i know its driver error.I liked the savage but i love the LST2.

when i first got my lst2 i had some problems,,, there was a piece of rubber stuck in the air filter tube and i cranked and yanked on it for 3 days & wouldn't start ( no air) it wore out the one way bearing in the spin start. and all because i didn't check the air filter. ( some lessons are learned the hard way) anyway now it's the greatest truck on the planet

yeah see same thing happened when i bought my savage, so what do you do:bow:

Back