Lst Owners

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Gunderson

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does anyone own an LST yet? I've heard that the fuel tank rests on rubber mounts, there is a fuel filter included, that the 4 cell reciever pack has a hard time turning the wheels and it is a bitch to get to, the shocks are super smooooth. I need info HELP ME!

I herd to get to the battery's you have to remove the fuel tank. But there is an way to plug in a rx pack. If you want.

I was looking at the LST yesterday at my LHS.
The fully charged battery isn't the issue, you will need to replace the servo with the strongest one you can afford. MAN THAT TRUCK IS BIG!

The shocks are the size of Woodie's Pony. They take an entire bottle of silicone per shock, no kidding.....

The 4 cell pack is under the tank but it is recommended that you use a 5 cell stick pack which mounts from the bottom. The 4 cell just does not have the power to turn the front wheels.

I saw this truck at a LHS a couple weeks ago. I think it looks very nice, and the shocks are incredible. I mean, I knew the thing was going to have big shocks. But really, they are HUGE. Like FastEddy said, they will likely require a full bottle of shock oil per shock. They seemed very smooth.

The great thing about the shocks is that since you only have four of them it will probably be easier to maintain.

The steering is done with two servos. I believe they are JR590's, which provide 90oz torque. So that's 180oz torque out of the box, as long as you get a battery that can supply 6v. Replacing them would be sweet but remember, you have to replace two of them at the same time.

There's two other servos as well; one for throttle and brakes, and the other one I believe will switch the transmission gears.

The radio that's included is the JR XS3, their popular synthesized radio. It's a fantastic radio to get with a RTR kit.

Overall my initial impression of the thing was good, although the price tag was ultra high - my LHS wanted something like $750 for the thing or more. But they mark everything up too much so you could probably get it for a lot less.

Last edited:
my LHS sold thier display truck a week and a half ago. he let it go for $600 cash out the door, didnt even charge the guy tax. (pa is 6%) i looked it over pretty well before it got sold. and if i was ever in the market for a monster truck, the LST would be very seriously considered.

But the question still remains....Does anybody have one? if not when is somebody going to get one?

There was one at the track today. It seems to run very nice. The two JR590's seem to do the job of steering quite nicely. The Dynamite m26 motor seemed to pack plenty punch for the truck, and the owner was being nice and easy on it since it's still a brand new motor with only 5 tanks through it. He flipped it and crashed it and whatever else, and the truck had zero problems.

Another guy out at the track has one, but he didn't bring it. He said that the only issue he had was the backplate screws on the engine weren't loc-tited and they started to loosen. No big deal there.

I don't own one, and I don't plan to, but I still think it's a cool R/C and I'd have no reason to tell someone to stay away from it so far.

I saw the beast at the track as well. Here's an example of how easy this thing is to drive.....an 8 year old kid was driving it around the track like nothing, and when my bigT pulled next to him....well.....the little punk left me in the dust on the track.lol. But not only is the truck amazing, they include a radio to match the truck. No stock radio hear. I must say(and I speak for everyone else hear) Losi did an excellent job on their first Monster truck, the LST.

My LST

I lads, I got my LST this Wednesday, and ran it in the Sunday race and it preformed very well, it's an nice truck, with tons of details. The battery will only be an issue if you stay running with 4 x AA batteries, which no rc car deserve anyway. There is a Premont holder for a 5 cell flat hum pack under the truck.

The stock servo is ok and can just turn the wheels when standing, but I have replaced all the servos with futaba s9451 and it is wild, I can turn the wheel even in high wet grass and it is lightning fast. The truck is fast out of the box, and handles very very well on the track, those shocks soak up anything.
The stock tires are ok but in the final I switched to my muchers the still have a better grip on a slight wet track and less side wall flex, which I noticed right away

I have posted some pic of the truck on my domain, and there is also some video clips from the first it hit the track

www.bonetracker.dk/rc/lst/

PS. I had not preordered it in the US, as we were told it would arrive about the same time here in Europe, but Friday the 16. we were told that it was hold back by EU cause they want to control the radio that the truck comes with, so the date was then pushed until late August and I couldn’t wait that long, so I used half the weekend to find one in the US who had them in stock and would sell me one and sent with express airmail.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting one insted of a mgt but then agian i dont know if i should do that.

Last edited:
:shrug: Be careful with the LST sad story A kid bought one on friday he had the mechanic break it in for him unfortunatly seems like a defect or the shaft is garbage we had to open the trans case & saw that the shaft cracked so be forewarned

just call Losi' custom service, they are not like Cen... losi actually helps there customers and sent parts to people right away, take a look at www.rcuniverse.com where Rick from losi do a great job to support the LST owners

I bought mine last week. This is my first Nitro RC. I had actually went in to buy a Savage 25 but my LHS received the LST that day. I went home and did some research and talked to some of my buddies.....Bought it the next day. I broke one of the drive axles after clipping a parked car lightly. Looks like the axle was defective. I called Losi and they shipped me a new one next day air for FREE. I have taken it back out and jumped some curbs and rolled it a few times. Everything else seems to be holding up well. I have it broke in now and am starting to tweak it for performance. I got it to switch into second gear last night for the first time......man did it take off. The most impressive part of the LST is the suspension. I can hit a 5 or 6 inch curb at an angle and thetires don't even come off the ground. You really have to try to get it up in the air. I read in one of the magazines last week that Losi is already looking at releasing Hop-ups. The ones that were listed were spring combinations, internal shock components, sway bar, aluminum wheel hex hubs....those are the ones I can remember. The only issue I've had so far is because it's new there isn't much for support and parts available yet. Still having a great time with it. :cheers:

All the options parts you mention there already stands in the back of the LST operations guide ;)

skela where did you get those shock covers?

I got my LST today paid $600 and tax and must say it was well worth the money as it looks like a great quality machine I also got a 5 cell stick pack right away after hearing about the problems with the alkalines as I know how hard they were to remove from my savage just being able to slide the stick pack under the truck and charge it is a great feature, I was not able to begin my break in as I had trouble with the antenna wire it was like stuck under the shock tower and i had to take it apart to get to it which took a while (which reminds me I really need to get a decent set of hex drivers as the allen wrenches that come with the kits are a really hassle)anyways by the time i got done it was already dark out so I will break it in tomorrow .

I ran a couple of tanks through my LST today and have to say its a monster just from going no more than half throttle with it during the break in I can tell that it handles really well for its size, the breaks are gonna need to be trimmed down as they are powerful enough to make my truck want to endo , I also wanted to know what would be a good glow plug to run on it as the ones I am breaking it in with O'Donnell 1/8 racing Glow Plugs Medium/Cold Heat range are kinda expensive would the O.S no.8 that I use on my Savage work well with the LST.

Lst

:cheers:

I have the new Lst! For the most pars it is a good truck. i do not have much to base it on, it is my first truck. But i have a firend that has beed in top the nitro cars/trucks for a few years.

I have had some motor problems. after my first gallon of gas, it would not idel, come to find out my sliper springs broke. so i had to stop playing for a wile and go to Ohio and get new ones.

I also have to fix my alxe shaft. one of the outer shafts broke, i am going to call losi and see what they will do for me.

Can any one give me some tips on my motor??

:smoke:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back