LSN in/out quickie

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoreLEx

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey everyone,

I've got a race in a few days and I don't want to screw up my tuning, but I'm having problems with the engine quitting when going WOT at idle. Would I need to turn the LSN in or out? At first I thought out=more fuel=engine won't quit, but then I thought in=less fuel=engine won't flood

???

thanks.

CoreLEx

It could be tat the LSN is too rich now. Most of the time if this is the case, the engine will idle OK while the case is loading up, then when you go WOT all that loading gets pushed up to the cylinder and makes it quit. Hw does it idle, and what does it do and sound like when it dies?

The idle sounds ok to me; it's not too high so that it doesn't stay in place and not too low so that it sounds unhealthy.

When I go WOT from idle, 4 out of 5 times the engine just quits in a split second without bogging down or choking or anything of that sort. :eyepatch:

If ya hold the truck off the ground and ease into the throttle, will it eventually get to top speed? The HSN might be too rich, and is dumping a crapton of fuel to it. Engines will idle pretty good with a sloppy rich HSN.

Also, check the pinch test at an idle.

Originally posted by CoreLEx
hey everyone,

I've got a race in a few days and I don't want to screw up my tuning, but I'm having problems with the engine quitting when going WOT at idle. Would I need to turn the LSN in or out? At first I thought out=more fuel=engine won't quit, but then I thought in=less fuel=engine won't flood

???

thanks.

Look like too rich. Just try to lean the LSN 1/8 turn and try for few time before do antoher setting. It should accerelate with good acceleration. If it accelerate very fast than bog down mean too lean at your LSN. This is from low to mid range setting. Let me know the answer.

CoreLEx
:redbuggy: :thumbup: