LRP ZR .32 ENGINE BROKED CONECTING LINK

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manolo762

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
HELLO, I RESENTLY PURCHASED AN LRP .32 ZR AND DID A 5 TANK RUNNING/STATIC BREAK IN, I ADJUSTED THE NEEDLES GENTLY AND TOOK IT FOR A RUN, THE ENGINE BROKE AFTER THE FIRST TANK DURING A SPRINT, I OPENED IT AND FOUND A THE PISTON CONECTING ROD DISINTEGRATED ON THE PART THAT CONNECTS THE CRANKSHAFT, I ORDERED A SECOND ENGINE NOW AND IS READY FOR ACTION, ANY THOUGHTS ABOUT WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM ???? ANY COMMENTS WILL BE APPRECIATED , I AM NEW TO THIS
THANX!

i would say try the heat cycle method next time and be gentle with the engine for the first half gallon at least, if not the whole first gallon through the engine. Improper/insufficient break in plus "sprints" could lead to conrods breaking. the break in period is paramount and even once your done with the "break-in" itself the engine will still continue to be broken in during the next 1/2 to 1 gallon of fuel. Also in the future you can just order the parts to rebuild the engine you dont necessarily have to replace the entire engine. Just FYI.

Id think youd need him to shout as old as you are Ralph! hehehehehe :rolex:

i would say try the heat cycle method next time and be gentle with the engine for the first half gallon at least, if not the whole first gallon through the engine. Improper/insufficient break in plus "sprints" could lead to conrods breaking. the break in period is paramount and even once your done with the "break-in" itself the engine will still continue to be broken in during the next 1/2 to 1 gallon of fuel. Also in the future you can just order the parts to rebuild the engine you dont necessarily have to replace the entire engine. Just FYI.
Hello, I did a 5 tank static break in and used a heat gun to heat the engine to 260*+ - for 1 tank, without the heat gun the engine will not go beyond 170*, after I read your reply I went back to static break in, I have done 2 more tanks of 20% nitro fuel, but like I said it will only go 170• ,I installed a 18t clutch bell and will replace the spur from the original 44t, to a 40t spur, because the engine is low rev hi trque and will not go more than 33,000 rpm and I want it to go fast I dont need acceleration , my partner has a ofna ultra with the force .28 engine and even my engine's needles set to a rich setting I can easily pass him without even flooring it, any other thoughts or tips will be appreciated! Thanx!

Well then, that's certainly not the problem. I'm pretty sure your LSN is still filthy rich on factory settings so you'll need to start leaning that out to raise the temps.
Without reaching proper temps, the break in is almost useless, no matter how many tanks you run.

agreed Rolex.

no matter what break in method you use I wouldnt suggest not pushing the engine to hard for at least half gallon to a gallon after break in.

Back