LRP Z28 Spec 3!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markallen

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I finally got my LRP .28 spec 3 thru breakin and it is one bad engine..It idles so good and has tons of power from idle to topend..And it has plenty of topend..Videos are on the way soon...

Mark

What are you running it in? do you think it would be better than a o.s 30 in a savage?

I am running it in a MGT.I am going to race another MGT with an OS .30 so I'll know which is better ..Same truck,same gearing.I think the LRP will take the OS on topend..But we will see.. Don't get me wrong the OS is one strong engine and it runs great but I still think the LRP has more topend.

Last edited:
Well my bud and I ran our MGT's today.He runs an OS 30 and I was running the LRP 28.We were drag racing on asphalt.Out of 10 races he won 6 and I won 4.The OS 30 has more lowend than the LRP 28..He got me of the line almost every time.I could make up ground on him but not enough to beat him.The longer distance we raced the more I gained so the LRP does have more topend than the OS.But the LRP gave up too much on the lowend..My MGT does weigh about a full pound more than his so maybe that is the difference.

Man ill have to take that in consideration,thank's markallen.

sounds like a nice mill....very tempting...perhaps a fathers day gift to myself...

The OS does have over 1 1/2 gallons on it and the LRP has maybe a quart on it.The LRP may get better after the 1 gallon mark..If so the OS better look out...

I'm going to have to buy the lrp,That engine look's hott,and it's sold under associated so it has to be pretty good.

Here it is!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1743S.jpg
    IMG_1743S.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 234
there are so many companies buying SH's .28 these days its unreal. Dynamite, XTM's 457, and LRP's spec 3 all off the same engine from SH.

I ran the dog crap out of the Spec 3 and it never broke a sweat.It was running great when I sold it..O yeah and about the drag race against the OS I finally changed gears and wore him out..I was pulling 18/46 gears and all the OS would pull was 17/49..