lrp z.28 tuning issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadabout

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys...I recently bought a lrp z.28 spec 3 for my savage 4.6. I have done a break in..but cannot get her tuned. She seems to be cutting in and out. No power. Then for a brief second she will scream..tHen fall on her face..and running hot as well..went back to factory settings will times tryin to solve this..but just can't get it to run right...any suggestions...thanks!

Thanks man..I appreciate it. I will Def take this with me when I go back out. I had to take a break. Lol I never had this much trouble with the 4.6. I have been all over the needles..and it just will notime run right. Like very weak in power..Then all the sudden it bursts for a sec..then..bogs down. Sometimes it will shift right..sometimes early with no power. Kinda like if ya have a bad plug in a car..and just here and there it fires and ya can feel it for a second. But have tried different plugs as well. just frusttated..and hoping I didn't mess up the motor..

You can't just go twisting needles. Each adjustment need to be done just a little at a time, the engine needs to be warm and with each adjustment you need to drive it a little to clear it out and see what the last adjustment did before you make another change.
Keep close track of exactly what you're doing and which way you're turning them.

I'm assuming you have this sorted by now, but if not, make sure the carb is sealed down tight. The LRP's I bought, the carb was tight on one, but not others. Usually had to reposition it anyway.

Also, out of the 3 LRP28S3's I've had, their tune is finicky for about a gallon and they all liked a medium plug with 25% byrons fuel. 20% ran ok, but not nearly as good as 25%. I now run 25% in everything I have so I don't have to deal with two different fuel types.