LRP engine in tmaxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything attached to the bulks front & rear will mount right up to any of the extended aftermarket chassis. It’s the little things that can get complicated but most stock parts can be used with a few exceptions.
Once you have a BB chassis you can play with the layout and come up will all sorts of different setups. Direct throttle pull/different fuel tank & location/battery/receiver box, the list is endless. It’s just a matter of how much you want to do to it or how deep your pockets are in most cases.

Now when I purchase this bb chassis will I be able to transfer my tmaxx parts over minus the ones that need upgrade

All parts from any model T-maxx will fit over on the BB chassis conversion minus your stock drive shafts. And as Snook said about the best chassis out there is the UE Supermaxx Thunder chassis, next best or what I consider to be the RD Logics chassis they are real close to setup and layout to the Thunder chassis.

Do you have a link I can order. From cause. I can't. Find. Them on eBay

The UE Maxx parts are great products only problem is most stuff has been discontinued from the manufacturer. When you find there stuff listed online which is mainly ebay of coarse people thinks its worth a million dollars. $129.00 for that Thunder chassis is a great price since it even comes with the driveline. I have $140.00 in mine it was just the chassis. Wish UE would start producing more parts again. Also FLM makes some nice stuff for the Maxx trucks. But it's usually way over priced also just like the UE stuff.

Last edited:
OK sweet thanks so this weekend I will be ordering the chassis the lrp engine what else should I order I saved enough to order everything to get this project rolling. Lol thanks hulkmaxx you have been very helpful and everyone else on this post

Just saw these on eBay is this something else I'm gonna need or is there another you recommend

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400158817658.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400158817658.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 174
Also found these to

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400158931116.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400158931116.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 168
Know anyone that is a machinist ?
I had a clapped out Tmaxx and a Schumacher XTR 3e I think it's called anyway it had a 3 SPD and a 21 going to waist so I measured up the Tmaxx chassis and the 21 and asked a machinist friend of mine to mill up a mount out of a chunk of alloy.
Measured and marked the holes and drilled and tapped them.

---------- Post added at 1:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:27 PM ----------

Ran the car with stick drive shafts until they basically twisted themselves apart

Know anyone that is a machinist ?
I had a clapped out Tmaxx and a Schumacher XTR 3e I think it's called anyway it had a 3 SPD and a 21 going to waist so I measured up the Tmaxx chassis and the 21 and asked a machinist friend of mine to mill up a mount out of a chunk of alloy.
Measured and marked the holes and drilled and tapped them.

---------- Post added at 1:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:27 PM ----------

Ran the car with stick drive shafts until they basically twisted themselves apart

A 3 speed Maxx would rock LOL!

OK sweet I'll get that to is there aftermarket cvd I should get instead

What do you got done to ur tmaxx

You watched the vid. It's running an LRP.30X with an ercm pipe. Also running #3908 brushless diffs and an all steel RRP gear set. I have the Traxxas CVD's installed in that truck and a couple other's have not had an issue with them at all. If you really want a run down of the truck in the vid I can give you a list of manufacturer and parts.

Can that even be done with the tmaxx

Yes, yes it can...:);)

I'll give a thumbs up to the traxxas cvds as well. I beat on them pretty hard with big nitro power and have no complaints.
You can break them occasionally, but you can break all of them. The traxxas cvds are a cheap investment and replacement parts are easy to get.

Yes, yes it can...:);)

I'll give a thumbs up to the traxxas cvds as well. I beat on them pretty hard with big nitro power and have no complaints.
You can break them occasionally, but you can break all of them. The traxxas cvds are a cheap investment and replacement parts are easy to get.

Snook I think I have read on another forum awhile back that you used to modify the maxx trans to accept a 3 speed is that correct?