LRP engine in tmaxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.jpg

Looks like you have two engine mounting options moving the engine forward for a mid block or back for a big block (that's a very cool idea BTW)..
Do you have your engine mounts in the forward position or back?

Umm lol I don't know I'll take some better. Pics and put them up the Rd logics chassis came with mounts and yes the engine can move forward or backwards

So move it into the forward position lol

I did the end of the shift hits the transmission how it'd sitting now is the farthest forward it can go

Sometimes you have to cut the shaft down a tiny bit to fit

I thought about that but the screw. At the end the holds down the bell is there's

You have to do it carefully man, how much more do you need, about halveway on the cb

The last one I cut down was also verry little

Dremmel, just go easy so as not to heat the steel up too much and the bur wont be bad at all to deal with, a quik pick and screw a tap in or another screw to clean the thread ad she will ne right as rain,..if your good you can do away with the screw and cut in a groove for a clip

Hey hulkmaxx did you run into this issue with ur build

Yes I did man. First off the engine mounts in the BB mounts on this chassis. The RD logics chassis is setup for either the SB, or BB. Furthest back is the BB mount in which you need. I had to slowly grind down the trans case to make room for the mounting screw on the clutch bell to clear the trans housing. I did not cut or modify my engine's crank in any way. MY clutch bell does not ride contact the spur gear entirely either. I will try and get some pics up tomorrow man. It will be later in the evening though. If you feel confident in modifying the crank you can I had no need to do that. I have cut cranks in the past but I do not recommend it though.

OK thanks I agree so then it's OK to grind down the Trans case a bit how much room do I have on the case to take down before. It goes right. Through

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Here's a current update of the build

She's almost ready little nicks and nacks slowing me down now lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404186607960.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404186607960.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 117
Grinded the shift right down and the housing that's the closest it's gonna get think it will be OK hulkmaxx

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404423024534.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404423024534.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 135
Ya figured it would be OK thanks hulkmaxx will update soon on progress almost at home base lol finally