Losi Promoto brake servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weezel

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
I was just cleaning up and checking over my Losi Promoto tonight to get it ready for the kids at a family picnic tomorrow and noticed my front brake servo isn't working. Not even half a dozen runs on it. Figures lol! My question is has anyone installed another manufacturers servo in there? I know if I switch I need to get another servo arm because of the stock 20 tooth spline.

20 tooth. Sounds fimiliar. I think the stock servos in the mini b and t are 20t spline. What model is the servo? Is it spektrum?

If I think i know what it is, maybe an ecopower 827. Had one in my mini b and the stock servo saver/horn fit right on so I'm guessing the 827 was a 20t spline.

Currently in my mini b I'm running a savox sh0255mg with a hot racing servo saver. Not sure if all of that can be fitted into a pro moto.

I was just cleaning up and checking over my Losi Promoto tonight to get it ready for the kids at a family picnic tomorrow and noticed my front brake servo isn't working. Not even half a dozen runs on it. Figures lol! My question is has anyone installed another manufacturers servo in there? I know if I switch I need to get another servo arm because of the stock 20 tooth spline.
That’s strange.. I haven’t heard of anyone having issues with that servo. Mine’s been fine and I’ve got lots of time/abuse on it. Reefs made a video of them swapping out both servos for their models. The brake servo requires a few extra parts.

@Hammer Down I haven't either. It's just my dumb luck mine stops working. The "If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all" expression is me!

I'm debating about is it worth the effort or just get another stock one. Big price difference to upgrade from stock. I was hoping someone would be able to say yes it's definitely worth it or just stay stock because you really don't gain anything. Or money is better spent on a new caliper instead.

For a manufacturer doing an install video they don't show anything helpful about the install. In the comments is where someone mentions about the servo being to big. Their servos might be good but their How-to video needs improvement.

@DavidB1126 The servo is this and it takes a special servo saver

True, it’s not that helpful of a video.. 🤣
I’d probably just replace it with the stock one again. And yes, the caliper is a much worth it upgrade! The Treal caliper is night and day difference form stock. That’s the one upgrade I’d do if any.

True, it’s not that helpful of a video.. 🤣
I’d probably just replace it with the stock one again. And yes, the caliper is a much worth it upgrade! The Treal caliper is night and day difference form stock. That’s the one upgrade I’d do if any.
Awesome. Thank you!
Looks like I'll be able to get the adjustable swing arm sooner now. 😁