Losi 8ight

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXX-NT Dee

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got my buggy ....finally... need to order an motor and pipe HEEE-HAAAWWWW:seeing_stars:

Dude you can't brag and not post pics!! Lets see that baby man! I have been waiting on this since RCX!

I saw pictures of assemby threads on a couple forums now. Its wierd, the chassis is wider on the right side. Gorgeous looking buggy. I am soooo tempted to max the credit card for one.

Seriously... :celebrate: let me find the camera and take some pics... nice big green box... My LHS got three today ... I've been paying on mine since May... ( 6 Bills I paid ) ... Now I need a motor and pipe and ????? Any suggestions for short track racing HEEEHAAAAWWWW

How about a Ninja?

I am loving mine more every time I run it. I have just a about a gallon on it and it is really starting to wake-up and rip.

Pics of my Losi 8ight

Attachments

• Parts.JPG
    Parts.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 91
  • New Losi.JPG
    New Losi.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Bag A contsruc.JPG
    Bag A contsruc.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 126
Lessen said:
Wow! Look how close to center(F vs. R) that engine is mounted. Nice....

I was think about the engine location too, I wonder if this is going to cause issues with certain starter boxes?

Ryan with savage said:
I was think about the engine location too, I wonder if this is going to cause issues with certain starter boxes?

I suppose that's a possibility. I would imagine that they designed that with user friendliness in mind. If not... :thumbdown:

Lessen said:
I suppose that's a possibility. I would imagine that they designed that with user friendliness in mind. If not... :thumbdown:

Isn't going to able to sit centrally on most boxes I wouldn't have thought.

Actually I think I've just put myself of buying one, I will be buying a new car for next year. Probably another Mugen, maybe an Xray but until I see a Losi being started on a normal Mugen or similar box they are out of the window.

I mean why would I want to drop more cash on another starter box, when theres nothing wrong with my £85 (yes UK pounds!) mugen one?

From what I have read elsewhere, the Losi works fine on the Mugen box, but requires modification to the chassis opening to use the ultra popular OFNA 10250/10253.

I imagine they are going to release a box designed to fit the chassis specifically. I would keep my eyes out for that as well as manufacturers to create a starter plate to adapt to certain boxes.

Just saw thread showing two sites that have the buggy for 500 (already down 100 within a week!!):
Atomic Hobbies
rchobbies.net

Geez, if they go any cheaper they are going to make the Hyper 8 seem expensive. Not that I would complain about that.

Saw 2 of these on track today, admittedly they were being driven by sponsored drivers but they were very impressive, handled great, looked a bit odd though having the engine poking out of the middle.....

The more pics of it I see the more impressed I am... just a really cool design. I bet these will be winning a lot of races