Looping the fuel line and so forth....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJay

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay... What is the purpose of looping the fuel line?? Does is provide some sort of volumetric dampening from the exhaust pulses? Is it just coiled up and snapped into that thingey to look cool (which I am perfectly willing to accept.)

I lose sleep over this... well that and poor career choices as a younger man... and maybe finances... but mostly I lay awake wondering why the fuel line is neatly coiled up and clipped into that thingey on the Revo.

AJ - One-by-one the penguins slowly steal my sanity.

Notice it is the line from the tank to the carb that is coiled and not from the pipe to the tank.

It quite simply provides you with more lid time before it dies.

Add a large fuel filter on it, and you will gain even more lid time.

It also give you a little more run time if you top off the tank after it's started since it takes a fair amount of fuel to fill that coiled line.

I lay awake afraid of the clowns. (clowns....fuel lines.... what's the difference). I'd say it works well as I can't recall the motor dying on me while it's surfing the ground on it's dome.

yep just gives you more time when upside down out of gear.

Okay... What is the purpose of looping the fuel line??

It has something to do with G forces when cornering.I don't remember if it was left or right but its a gravity fighting system to keep the fuel going to the engine while cornering.

I lose sleep over this... well that and poor career choices as a younger man... and maybe finances... but mostly I lay awake wondering why the fuel line is neatly coiled up and clipped into that thingey on the Revo.

I hear ya bro! If I only knew then what I know now and I think I will always be chasing that illusive $ come on dude I'm into RC now.Don't even get me started on women and marrage.

Now I'm screwed I won't be sleeping again tonight,Thanks a lot.:whhooo:

It quite simply provides you with more lid time before it dies.

Sooooooo.... Basically what I'm hearing (Correct me if I am confused)... If a clown tips your Revo over... the loop-de-doo's are the magical thing that keeps the motor ticking....

I think the solution is... kill off the clowns and we can all run an aviation style fuel setup.

AJ -BSC

So how do I get one of those auto fuel filters to fit? It works with a larger fuel line, adapters maybe?

So how do I get one of those auto fuel filters to fit? It works with a larger fuel line, adapters maybe?

sounds like your tring to create an air leak. just get a large filter ment for glo fuel(nitro).;)

The loops produce a very specific frequency once the engine reaches a certain RPM, and that pitch rate can not be detected by the human ear, but it's deafening to penguins. Therefore, you'll notice that penguins are only found where Revos are not.

The loops produce a very specific frequency once the engine reaches a certain RPM, and that pitch rate can not be detected by the human ear, but it's deafening to penguins. Therefore, you'll notice that penguins are only found where Revos are not.

**sigh**........ If only they had a feature to keep the dreaded clowns away. :(

**sigh**........ If only they had a feature to keep the dreaded clowns away. :(

That's some serious technology currently being worked on. If they could get them to travel in large groups, it would be easier to work out, but right now it's a little too costly to keep away one clown at a time since they've been known to appear solo.

Try to leave a packet of balloons outside your house, that should keep the clowns busy through the night....

LOL you all are funny as hell... I love this site.... In comparison the looped fuel line does give you alot of time when she is sitting belly up... On my old rigs I had a short fuel line and it would always turn off before I got there.... And the cornering thing.... Good to know!!!!

Try to leave a packet of balloons outside your house, that should keep the clowns busy through the night....

And lots of 'big shoes', I think that might help as well. Great idea Syd!! :D

I've found that if you keep a large car parked outside the clowns will stay away - we all know they're only attracted to the little ones!

**note to self, remove my daughters Barbie Jeep from outside the house** :whhooo:

Back