Looking for parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrKnow

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I would like to know if there are any compatable parts for the Exceed Hyperspeed. I am having trouble finding parts for my buggy.

hi, i had the same problem with a redcat about a year ago, the place i bought my volcano from couldn't or wouldn't stock parts so it took a long time to get them from another source. after a trip to my local hobby shop i found out why the HPI and TRAXXAS line is so popular, so i sold my volcano and bought a new t-maxx, even if you find a used rig, my L.H.S has them from time to time, parts are only a short trip away. i think parts availability shoud play a big part in the choice for a RC. just my opinion kdogg

Parts

hi, i had the same problem with a redcat about a year ago, the place i bought my volcano from couldn't or wouldn't stock parts so it took a long time to get them from another source. after a trip to my local hobby shop i found out why the HPI and TRAXXAS line is so popular, so i sold my volcano and bought a new t-maxx, even if you find a used rig, my L.H.S has them from time to time, parts are only a short trip away. i think parts availability shoud play a big part in the choice for a RC. just my opinion kdogg

I did not do much reasearch before buying. I found out that Redcat parts do work for the Exceed, but I was wondering if there are any other brands that will work too. It takes a week to order on-line, either from Redcat, Exceed, or NitroRCX, not to mention they are always "out of stock" on some parts. Local hobby stores do not have much of a selection for my buggy.:\

I myself have been doing alot of investigation on those RCs. Seems that Nitro RCX is an asian based distributer that sells these cars and trucks. Himoto Redcat and Exceed all use the same parts on there cars and trucks. The hard part of finding anyone to stock these parts so its pretty much ebay or NitroRCX or the manufacters website for any replacements. These cars are pretty much popular for price not quality and avalability. I'm pretty much picking one up to keep me busy for the rest of the summer but as soon as its over I plan on selling it at tax time and pick up a LOSI truggy RTR. These trucks seem to be good for the price but not an investment. f you plan on racing or keeping it for a long period of time I would pick up something more well known and that your LHS stocks parts for. Just my 2 cents.

hey, check with you're local hobby shop, they may have a good used rig you can buy for about half of what a new one would cost. plus if it's a good name brand rig, you'll be able to get parts for it pretty easily. my local hobby shop generally sales a good used T-maxx or HPI SAVAGE for about $250.00 to $275.00. also, check your local classifieds for someone wanting to sale their rig. you may run across a great deal on a name brand rig. kdogg

Better yet, check out the for sale section on this board. There is usually a rig or two for sale and the guys that are selling here are usually wanting to make a good deal.

Here are some sites that have parts. I have two redcats and two HSP monster trucks.
exceedrc.com, rctoyhouse.com, toysonics.com, nitrorcx.com. Also Rcpartner an ebay store and ehobbies.com.
Good luck. I enjoy mine.

Hey thanks HoustonGearHead I will check into those sites. I am having fun with them even though parts are breaking.....LOL. Bought two, one for my son and one for me. Its a good thing I bought the same models, I can interchange the parts so at least one is still running, to bad it is his.

There is also Amainhobbies.com, Tower.com, There is a lot of hobby shops online you just need to sit down and search for them cause there is a ton out there.

I did the same thing one for my step son and it look so cool one for me!! I have had elec in the past but nitro is the bomb.

Well there is alot to do with why alot of hobby shops dont carry redcat parts or cars anymore. Most are still burned out about the bad rap they created for them selves in the past. Many hobby shops would sell the cars and get peopl coming back complaining.

However they have come along way since the company was first started. In the past engines had problems and parts broke alot. Just like with any new company there are road bumbs along the way. Still some work here and there that could be addressed but other than that. For the price they are great cars.

Now just if more hobby shops would carry the parts.

I am aware of a few hobby shops in the houston area that carrys Redcat Parts.

Razor Hobbies
Gulf Coast
and another one that i can seem to remember.:whhooo:

Back