Look up.....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvickj

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
because its not every day that you get to see a lunar eclipse.

61moon1-med.jpg

61moon2-med.jpg

The first pic I was still using my digital cameras digital zoom. The second pic was using the optical zoom.

Here is a link for those wanting to know more about a lunar eclipse.

8:06pm EST total eclipse being and 8:31 the total eclipse ends.

Thanks for reminding me...i just ran outside to look and my nipples almost exploded it's so cold out....LOL

i guess i just cought the end of it cause there is just a lil spot of lite on the edge no i did not know anything about it

I filmed about an hour of it. My favorite part of Lunar eclipses are right when the moon is about to be entirely eclipsed, and the light flickers from orange to white. Almost like the moon is on fire.

Its badass!

I was out on the parkway a little while ago at an astronomy meeting. Seems like my dad has found a new hobby. Anyway, one of the guys there is an old buddy of mine who has some trick scopes. 10" reflector with servo tracking, as well as a couple of others. Anyway, he had this one scope that was called an Orion something or other. That scope was unreal. It looked like the moon was hanging in 3D with other stars around it (the ones you can't normally see) and clear as a bell. I mean it was like something out of a sci fi movie. It was badass no doubt.

The funniest thing that happened was some lady asked Mike (my buddy) what that round thing near one side of the moon was, yeah the thing that looked like the belley button of an orange. Mike looked at me, then at dad, we stared at each other for a sec and then told her it was an impact crater. To which she asked how big it was. This went on for a little bit, and it was all I could do to not bust a gut right there.

Oh come on, you didnt tell her it was his mouth or eyes??? Perfect opportunity missed!

I always drool over those scopes.... Some day Ill pick one up. I have a WalMart cheapie that I use. Its a bitch, but gets the job done. For you astronomy fun guys (and gals) I have 2 sites of use. One I visit DAILY and the other in the beginning of every month for my printout. Enjoy! :

www.spaceweather.com (where I go daily, check out the vid and pics sections!!!)

www.skymaps.com (once a month for a map of the night sky!)

Both are of great value and easy to navigate.

Back