linkages poping off

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenwing7

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what have you savage owners done to keep the linkages from poping off the ball ends it seems like there should be some sort of washer that you can add to this LMK what you have come up with, pics would be appreciated! thanks

I upgraded to lunsford tie rods and ends. They use a larger ball/cup that doesn't make it so easy to fall off.

You can just put a 3mm washer on to help keep the linkages from actually falling off. But, they will still come off the ball when they get worn.

i actually don't mind them poping off if i hit something as it saves other parts from being damaged

Last edited:
i took some grease & put a realy light coat on the ball parts.....then the cup ends put a tiny drop of superglue in the ball socket cup then snap it back onto the greased ball before the glue dries....let the glue dry a couple hours....this keeps the things from popping off so easy but you want them to be able to pop off during a good impact in order to keep more expensive parts from being dammaged.....

yeah I understand why they pop off, I think I may have stretched one out in the rear on these huge jumps awhile back, they were at least 20 foot tall dirt piles! I just think it needs a new plastic end that isn't stretched out like the old one is. I have the SS kit and mine are adjustable, is upgrading here really necessary? or should I stick with stock, I have never bent one or anything like having the end come off the threads. this will be for racing and bashing

Back