Kyosho 7.5 MP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_dign

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a Kyosho inferno 7.5mp. The motor blew, and I picked up a OS VZ-B. One of the older ones with the all silver case. It has a new sleeve and new rod and piston. I'm trying to mount this on the inferno. I got the motor mounts rc planet told me should work. Is there anything else I need to get to make this motor fit on this machine? Thanks always for your help guys.

What mount? Are they for a bump start engine? What Flywheel ? Just need to make sure you use the correct parts. The stock MP7.5 kit mounts should be fine. I had them and ran bump start.

I got the mounts from rc planet, they dont seem to be tall enough. The flywheel I'm using is the one that was on the kyosho gx .21 engine. It just doesn't seem like the mounts will work. They are mounted to the engine, but they only line up with these Really big holes on the chassis. Thanks for all the help. Sorry, this is a bump start setup.

Isn't the GX 21 a pullstart? The flywheel maybe wrong for you as well. A clear pic of this would really help us as well.

Yes the gx .21 is a pullstart. I was thinking the flywheel might be a problem. Figures. I will try and get some pics soon. Thanks.

You'll probably need a different flywheel assembly (smaller in diameter) to get the OS engine to work. Go ahead and get a good clutch along with it. You'll thank yourself on that one.

I was looking at those items. The only other thing I found wrong, is the engine mounts that rc planet said will work. They line up with these really big holes in the chassis, and They aren't tall enough. The bottom of the engine sits on the chassis before the engine mounts get there, and the wholes they line up with are too big to mount anything too. Thanks for all the help.

There are a pair of plates that mount to the chassis that the engine mounts screw into. It sounds like you are missing those plates.

They are part number IF107

I ordered those the other day. I made some generic ones the other day, and it looks like my clutch assy. and stuff might need changed as well. The spur gear is sitting realy far up, still making contact, but far up none the less. This thing is becoming a hassle. LOL I also still need to buy a bump box for the thing as well.

I know, I will get those up today. Thanks guys for all your help.

1116070936a.jpg

1111071820a.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/massaudio11/1111071820.jpg

I hope these help. I think I'm just gonna get a new flywheel and clutch anyway. Do the upgrade for sh*#s, and giggles. Thanks again for all your help.

Yep, you're missing the IF107 plates. They'll fill the space there and allow you to bolt everything up. You will probably need a smaller flywheel, it looks like that one is going to stick down below the chassis and cause problems. The stock one from the basic MP7.5 or the 777 will work fine. I have an Integy sliding clutch on my MP7.5 (base model, the first Kanai was not out when I got mine and the Sports version was still a few years away, yes, it's that old) and it seems to be working out just fine. Best part is that the flywheel and clutch cost me less than $15 off ebay.

Thanks for the help man. Appreciate it.

Well I got the plates in and installed only too find that the clutch bell and everything sit too far forward. Some of this is due too the flywheel. I got on tower hobbies and purchased a new dura trax flywheel and 4 shoe clutch kit. I also purchased the bump box I'm gonna need to get this thing running. The bump box comes with a 12v batt. and 2- 7.2 sticks. Then I also got the clutch + shipping everything was $83 not bad I thought. Thanks all for your help. I will post pics when its done, and hopefully some vids shortly after.

Back