Just got my new Revo "5308"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowRidinChevy4

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I love my new Revo! I just got it yesterday and have only broken it in, but i love the way it handles! I just stole the upgraded CV driveshafts off of my
T-Maxx 3.3 and put them on. If anybody has some suggestions on what should start upgrading first I would love to hear.

Grant

let see...what will you be using the revo most for? race/bashing? or pretty much both?you on a buget ?

rpm arms..
hitech servos ..
motor saver air filter..
tekno servo holder ..
3pc clutch..

thoes are pretty much it..till i know what your going to use you revo more for..

welcome to the REVOlution family..enjoy that baby :D

RPM a arms for sure. and the oversized axle carriers if you can.
aluminum pushrods and turnbuckles.
MS air filter
Resonator pipe
new wheels and tires
center diff
rear brake

the choices are unlimited. there is a good list of parts on here. do a search and you will find it.

that should get you started for now

More for racing!

I'am going to start racing with it. I will be using my t-maxx for the bashing. budget well i can always save it up!

let see...what will you be using the revo most for? race/bashing? or pretty much both?you on a buget ?

rpm arms..
hitech servos ..
motor saver air filter..
tekno servo holder ..
3pc clutch..

thoes are pretty much it..till i know what your going to use you revo more for..

welcome to the REVOlution family..enjoy that baby :D

RPM arms are a must, IMO! They really are worth every penny spent. A good pipe will help a little too. But be carefull, revos are like crack and once you start spending it can get out of controll fast lol.

P.S. Dude what kind of lowed chevy do you have man love to see the pics of that sucker. CHEVY for life! I always wanted to lower a older truck and get 2 stickers across the back window, fat chicks make my truck scrape, and praise the lowerd! lol.

RPM dirty danglers??? those would add like 3 horsepower:hehe:

so your going to be racing the revo..:)

time to shed some pounds off that baby..

pull start/rotor/bump start a must what ever you prefer ..that EZ start motor is darn heavy..

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php?cPath=1_61_100&sort=pop&filter_mfr=42
single servo for steering..i recommand a hitech servo that has atleast 170oz of torque..HS-985 will work fine for 70$ price..well you can get the other one that cost 100+ there pricey but darn worth it..:)

FOC..thats a must if racing with center diff..

wing/mount ..

as mentioned before..pipe/motor saver filter
also a fuel filter with a longer fuel line..
proline tires/rims
23mm hex adaptor if you like..

thats pretty much it for a racer revo..the others are just alum hop-ups..

also a better radio..2.0 gz..

post a pic off that baby before/after..:D

check out my after market parts list in this form there are many racing options and costs in there

well to me it looks like you've already been hooked up with alot of the platinum revo components. very good start

Colorado

I have a 2004 Chevy Colorado. Its yellow and it came with the ZQ8 suspension " very good handling truck " its just factory lowerd, but i love it! And it's extended cab. In 2005 they came out with the extreme package, I wish I would have waited for that!

RPM arms are a must, IMO! They really are worth every penny spent. A good pipe will help a little too. But be carefull, revos are like crack and once you start spending it can get out of controll fast lol.

P.S. Dude what kind of lowed chevy do you have man love to see the pics of that sucker. CHEVY for life! I always wanted to lower a older truck and get 2 stickers across the back window, fat chicks make my truck scrape, and praise the lowerd! lol.

I miss my Colorado. I had a black 4 door ZQ8 as soon as they hit the showroom. i traded it in on a F-150 then gas shot up.....

I've heard stories of people fitting a tiny supercharger on little nitro cars. Has anyone here done that?

Back