Jumbo Kongs!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be looking forward to hearing what you personally think....

i personally think they are too big, and i think that they look stupid.

bryan

Originally posted by SuperMaxx97
i personally think they are too big, and i think that they look stupid.

bryan

:no_commen :flamer:

lol, that is just my personall opinion. :nope: i am not trying to hurt anybody's feelings or anything/:doc: too me i think that the big joe's are about as big as i like. the kong tires to me just dont look good on the truck. BUT! i have never seen them ran so maybe their performance would make up for them

bryan

Well opinions are like assholes..........everybody's got one and everyone else's stinks! LOL Just kidding........but seriously, I like them myself, ofcoarse I was going for that authintic Monster Truck look too, I did however get a chance to run them outside in the snow for a few minutes and they are so far great, these things took my truck thru some snow the stockers would have ended up stuck in, I now have a little more than an inch more ground clearence and they also kinda act like a bumper in the front since they will hit a curb for example way before the lower arms will, I am going to be getting a better servo and a servo saver though, I think that should be a given with any bigger tire weather it's kongs or big joes........I can't wait till the snow melts and I get a chance to try these in some different terrain, but don't worry guy's I'll be sure to keep you posted with my progress and give my opinions on what I feel are the pro's and con's of the Jumbo Kongs. Keep the comments rolling though, I like any feedback wheather it's good or bad, that's part of what makes RCNT a great place!

Do they slow u down? And are they alot heavier than stock tires?

ALright, well I didn't want to say anything but I can't help myself...lol.

Nothing personal and no dis to your new tires Road Rage but those things suck. They're purely for show looks and nothing else. Performance always goes before looks in my book and those things perform like ass. My buddies have eerr had them on some Savages and T-maxxs and I drove them off and on road. They make the car very unstable even compared to Big Joes, they KILL your turning radius and the Savag doesn't have a good turning radius to being with.and they slow your car down big time. You couldn't give me those tires my friends. Opinions are like assholes but those are mine.

Peace

Originally posted by Team 17
Do they slow u down? And are they alot heavier than stock tires?

No infact I didn't notice any decrease in speed, they are heavier than the stockers, the turning radius is pretty much the same from what I can see, they are not a soft tire like the stockers and don't tend to roll under themselves in turns, infact it seems I can make higher speed turns better with these now to where as with the stockers it would tend to roll.

well i may get some jumbo tires too, but do i need to upgrade anything if i do buy them? :fro:

They will bolt right on the Savage as is, and the stock servo does handle them, but upgradeing to a better servo wouldn't be a bad idea or even a good servo saver.........the stock servo will turn these tires at a dead stop no problem.

Just another pic I had to sneak in......even included a stock tire in this one! https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3258

How much did u pay for them and where did u purchase them?

Ummm, I got mine from my LHS in Tea, SD......and I paid $79.99, not sure where else you are going to find that kind of price on them though, everywhere else i have seen is charging anywhere from about $110 to $120 for these, but remember they come with the tires, foams and rims in one huge package.

so i dont have too upgrade at all, well once i get the money i am getting these coo things!!!

I agree totally with 30%. I have a set of big joes on my maxx and the neighborhood kids think it's the badest toy they ever seen, lots of bling-bling, but when it comes to getting serious about jumping, turning, all around racing, I need to go back to something smaller like my maxx dawgs. Sorry to talk about the maxx in the savage room, just trying to relate with the tire conversation. (Hoping santa brings me an SS for Christmas).

As I mentioned before I have only had a chance to run it once since i put the new tires on it, I appreciate all the feedback, and as soon as I get a chance to really get out and give a few good runs in different terrains I'll give more of my own feedback.......who knows i may end up not likeing these at all, but for now I do like them

Have you jumped you savage yet with them on yet? If so any diffrence?

not really jumped anything as of yet, I flew off the edge of a couple of snow drifts, no difference there, but yea as soon as I get the chance to I will, and I'll post the review

dude those are MASSSIVE!!!!! I order some Mad Force Tires for the Truckzilla project and thought those would be massive...:ponder:

Last edited:
They look good but that is it1
I've got the big joes and I dont like the way those things handle. I can only imagine the way those suck when it comes to handleing.

Back