jp modified

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modjp

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hi,

I just got a jp modified black fx21 b5n,
which i havent run,

My question is, would be be worth getting an extream modification done to this engine by rb mods? or doesn't it need it?

jp

p.s great forum you have here

No, just run it. It will probably be more than you can hang onto anyways. JP mods are the best out there (not trying to diss RB Mods).

I just need something faster that my rody modified RB C4. :smoke:

Any one had experience of these JP Black engines?

Last edited:
JP MOTORS NEED NO MODDING...ONLY REASON I COULD SEE IT WOULD BE TO LOWER THE TEMPS AND FUEL consumption...but ...jp already has most of the mods done to the black series motors....they are super poweful motors

A LOT...... there was 1 on ebay for $739 buy it now. thats crazy....

i see em all the time between 500 to 999 american dollars...not sure what that would be for you mike....

husky24tn said:
i see em all the time between 500 to 999 american dollars...not sure what that would be for you mike....
probably about 1500.00 nzd including freight, would have to be a damn site better than an rb for that price lol

husky24tn said:
JP MOTORS NEED NO MODDING...ONLY REASON I COULD SEE IT WOULD BE TO LOWER THE TEMPS AND FUEL consumption...but ...jp already has most of the mods done to the black series motors....they are super poweful motors

actually- where jp leaves off- rb mods is just getting started. there probably isnt any need to send it off for a mod job. thats one bad-ass mill you just got, but even the stock b5n done by rick brake is probably the fastest/most powerful mill that anyone can get their hands on.

there are a few people out there that can handle the kind of brutal horsepower the rb modded b5n can make, but they are few and far between. I'm tempted to try it myself, but right now it is not necessary and i have a lot of things to stock up on for the next season.

I've seen the RB mods and to be honest, it seems he takes too much of the cranks counter weight away. It seems that would take a lot of torque away, but I've never run one so I guess you can't knock it until you try it.

Anyway, I've heard great things about the modded JP engines. You should be happy with it right out of the box.

the only effect it has is more bottom end- which the jp fx b5n already has a lot of. my v-spec has a custom lightened flywheel to boot and still idles forever and pulls insanely hard off the bottom.

flash said:
lightened flywheel to boot and still idles forever and pulls insanely hard off the bottom.

a lightened flywheel is lighter all the way around. What I was talking about was the counter balance on the crankshaft. You know that big lobe on the crank? If you take too much weight off that you'll have troubles with torque.

Anyway, I have to eat my words anyway. I just visited his site. He's not taking nearly as much from the counter balance as he used to. I saw some of his stuff on ebay like 7-8 months ago and it didn't look so hot. His new stuff looks more in line with everyone else. Here's a pic:

http://www.rbmods.net/pics/rick3.jpg

So I take back what I said previously about his mods. Bobby Moore is running one of his engine too. He must be doing alright then.