JConcepts Slash 4x4 Overtray

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_42&products_id=371

Illuzion - Slash over-tray - protects chassis from excessive debris
Part # - 2058
(Direct fit for Traxxas Slash 4x4)

When racing on a loamy or top soil track surface the inside of the Slash chassis can become loaded with dirt or debris which creates extra weight. With the JConcepts over-tray these worries are minimized with the simple and functional over-tray. Fitting nicely under the body; the JConcepts over-tray hugs the outside dimension of the Slash chassis protecting the inside from unwanted excess dirt and debris build-up during racing conditions.

The over-tray is snug around the entire chassis structure while being attached in the front with screws and a body clip in the rear for easy access. The over-tray is built with extra height and rake to provide extra room for various electrical and battery configurations.

579c8282a6b8b763b60661fb70dd438d.image.250x166.jpg

There was a guy at the track with one. After about three laps the Velcro gave up from being beat on. The 2wds work great, but I think with the front two axles throwing dirt all over the truck, I believe it's killing the Velcro. If someone gets one, you may want to screw it in. That's what this guy did and then it held fine

Did heat become an issue for him. I heard it causes the electronics to get hot Fast due to the lack of air flow eventhough it is louvered on top. And unless you were a racer it probably wasn't a good idea to run one. Which I think translates to if you dont have a lot of $ to through in to electronics them you might not want to run one on your truck.

Yea he got real hot, ended up selling him my extra fan and needless to say by the end of the day his motor was shot!

I run one on my 4x4. so far no problems with heat, but it is still cold here. I glued the velcro to the tub (chassis) and the overtray.

I thought heat would become a problem with it. I am going to try cutting out two pieces of lexan running from the front shoch tower over to the nerf bars about 2in high. Bolting it to the chassi and seeing what that will do. Hopefully it will keep out some dirt etc. w/out producing too much heat. Thanks for the reply.

Back