JConcepts Illuzion Slash Over-Tray

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My only issue with this is the lack of air flow over the ESC cooling fins with the cover on.

816e2b1435eef18ea72ef4b063fa82ad.image.750x498.jpg

6335dc4b57fb5589cf01a12f715a3e65.image.750x498.jpg

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=314

When racing on a loamy or top soil track surface the inside of the Slash chassis can become loaded with dirt or debris which creates extra weight. With the JConcepts over-tray these worries are minimized with the simple and functional over-tray. Fitting nicely under the body; the JConcepts over-tray hugs the outside dimension of the Slash chassis protecting the inside from unwanted excess dirt and debris build-up during racing conditions.

The over-tray is snug around the entire chassis structure while being attached in the front with screws and a body clip in the rear for easy access. The over-tray is built with extra height and rake to provide extra room for various electrical and battery configurations.

Features:

* Original JConcepts simple design and function
* Durable clear polycarbonate material can be painted or wrapped
* Plenty of clearance for various electrical and battery configurations
* JConcepts - World Proven Innovation and Design

*over-tray shown is trimmed and mounted, actual part comes clear and untrimmed

Geez I really like that. Gonna buy one today I think but plan to dremmel and fit a hood scoop type thing for airflow on the ESC or put a fan on it maybe

that is pretty sweet! looks good with jconcepts tread on there too.

Nice, I hate getting rocks in my chassis.

....and snow.

Last winter.
snowslash1.jpg

snowslash2.jpg

My esc ran nice and cool...

That looks like an excellent idea, and it doesn't look like it would be too hard to cut a hole above the esc there and mount a small fan, just as long as you made a little quick disconnect harness or plug for it so you could unhook it when taking the tray completely off.

My esc ran nice and cool...

That looks like an excellent idea, and it doesn't look like it would be too hard to cut a hole above the esc there and mount a small fan, just as long as you made a little quick disconnect harness or plug for it so you could unhook it when taking the tray completely off.

exactly my thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!
I will post some picks once I do it

Yeah, that pesky snow all trying to make my electronics run cool and stuff...

dustinrcpics002.jpg

I am curious to know from people who use these over-tray's what they actually think about them. My local track conditions, at worst, will just coat everything with dust or get the fender wells muddy.

My local conditions warrant a setup like this.

The inside track has a few leaks in the roof and make for some interesting un predictable slippery spots and the truck gets muddy at times. Generally its nice and packed though

That looks like a pretty good idea. Although I'm thinking about going to a skeleton frame like an integy or hardcore. Since those have many holes, it would defeat the purpose of the tray.

my track starts stock slash first and it a out side track so they have to water to make so you can hook up ....can you say mud bog....it take hours too clean it up nice agin i wish they thought of this sooner i would have saved alot of money on smiple green...

They are releasing one for the sc10 as well.

I just ordered this up this morning.. great price.. Victory- you up for making this in CF?:p:D:thumbup1:

That looks like a pretty good idea. Although I'm thinking about going to a skeleton frame like an integy or hardcore. Since those have many holes, it would defeat the purpose of the tray.

That Integy CF chassis look pretty cool.. I'am still debating on the blue one myself
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=6467&p_catid=109

I for one am not a fan of Integy products, unless it's their crawler motors - plus aftermarket chassis's would make your slash illegal to race at most local hobby shops.

At any rate getting back on topic, I like the concept of the over-tray cover. I'd think if you was really worried about you ESC temps you could just add a hood scope or even a small piece of screen mesh. It'd allow air in and still keep out a lot of debris out of the chassis.

Maybe we'll give one or two of these away. :D

anyone have this yet? I ordered mine and should be here soon:thumbup1: I hope my aftermarket esc will fit under this:eek:..I never thought of that before i ordered it..

man that looks good and would solve alot of cleaning problems.Love to know how it works and does it get to be a pain taking on and off. I also have a sc10 and have seen a rollcage for the sc8 that had iner fenders in fron and rear and a very nice lookin scale cage I wonder if one would ever be made for the sc10.

Mine came today in the mail today..yippie I can get some pics up soon.. I've been pretty busy getting windows painted and stuff .yukk..

I tired fitting mine over the after market esc when it is mount in the stock sec location and the cover did not fit.:( I had to cut out all those mounting tabs in that area so my esc/wires would clear the cover..plus I can see this being a hassle trying to install/remove the battery every time since the c-clip is in front of the chassis more.. and the cover does flip up that far..

I tired fitting mine over the after market esc when it is mount in the stock sec location and the cover did not fit.:( I had to cut out all those mounting tabs in that area so my esc/wires would clear the cover..plus I can see this being a hassle trying to install/remove the battery every time since the c-clip is in front of the chassis more.. and the cover does flip up that far..

Sounds like your not that happy with it, do you have a pic yet?

Back