J’s Dirty 30 north truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J’sCrawler

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
I ordered this on Monday and got it today (it’s Thursday). Ordered from rcmodelz in the UK. Freaky fast shipping, faster than jimmy johns. Anyway I unboxed it, and cleared off a work bench. I’m finishing a room in the basement as my RC room, so that’s another ongoing project.
IMG_5079.jpeg
IMG_5080.jpeg
IMG_5081.jpeg

I mounted up the tires, I will install a kill switch, the radiolink receiver I’m going to try out, and a high flow fuel kit. I spent hours of my life recently researching that this little kit helps resolve issues even on the smaller engines. It was affordable so I’m just going for it.
IMG_5083.jpeg
IMG_5084.jpeg

There’s seriously no room for tools on my work area, this thing is massive. (Isn’t that what she says?)

I’m going to clean this pipe with acetone/alcohol or something and then clear coat it with the engine or header spray paint. People say they always wipe down the exhaust to keep the surface rust in check. I may decide to use header wrap so a clear coat is what I’m thinking.
IMG_5087.jpeg

Just make sure the clearcoat can handle high temperatures.
The engine enamel quotes 500*, the header paint says 1500 or something. It’s VHT, I’ve had success with it on real automobiles.

Wow. That's a nice looking engine.
For a Chinese clone yes it does, although idk what this engine clones 🤷🏼

The engine enamel quotes 500*, the header paint says 1500 or something. It’s VHT, I’ve had success with it on real automobiles.

For a Chinese clone yes it does, although idk what this engine clones 🤷🏼
Probably a Chinese clone of a Chinese clone of a Chinese clone, of an engine made in Indonesia 😄

I got the spiral diaphragm kit for the walbro 1191, it’s a better diaphragm, holds up to ethanol gas, just in case the pumps lie or don’t say.
I don’t know yet where I will be getting the gas to make a fuel mix. Back in the day we never ran our Yamaha YZ80 on any race grade gas and that thing still kills it.
image.jpg

Great looking engine.
It really is pretty. I’m not a guy that goes crazy over billet or has to have it, but this thing was better looking than most. I wanted a bigger engine but not taylorRC price. I didn’t want to be let down by the 29cc engine. I got a roller, but there is a version where the truck comes with the 38.