Is it possible to make a nitro Arrma Typhon? (6s based)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I found the DNX8 chassis that’s the same as the Typhon 6s but it’s a nitro chassis. So, would it even be possible to do?

I found the DNX8 chassis that’s the same as the Typhon 6s but it’s a nitro chassis. So, would it even be possible to do?
If its legit, thats the hardest part besides tramsmission. After that its fuel tank and extra servo, theoretically. I say go for it.

Years ago I drew up plans for a traxxas nitro 1/16 revo and never went through on it.

If not I will and I got too many projects and a small attention span it seems.

Last edited:
Typhon body sits pretty low, you would most likely have to do some body chopping.
I’m fine with that, nitro RCs need a good amount of airflow.

Could also just pick up a Losi 8ight and slap a Typhon body on it and add the Katar tires 🤷🤣
I have heard that there are diff issues with the 8ight. I might just try to build one off the Durango chassis.

THERE IS A NITRO ARRMA TYPHON BUT IT WAS ONLY A PROTOTYPE. :( Nitro Typhon.
It was a Talion.

Yes like I said on the Arrma forums it is completely possible to make a nitro Typhon, you need the DNX8 CHASSIS, center diff mount, electronics tray, gas tank, motor mount, servo linkage and a few other odds and ends.

i have had the idea of picking up a bare slider arrma and doing this for many months, but quite the costly project for me not having anything arrma on hand.

Join the FB group "NitroGang". People on that group are nuts about nitro, and there are quite a bunch of people converting various electric vehicles to nitro.

id prefer not wasting any more on social groups .. miss the forum's

Last edited:

I wonder how a jato tranny would do?

I saw that vid before, it’s kinda annoying that it didn’t shift.
The tmaxx tranny needs wheel speed for first to second, and rpm to engage the clutch from idle to 1rst, if I remember correctly.

If its legit, thats the hardest part besides tramsmission. After that its fuel tank and extra servo, theoretically. I say go for it.

Years ago I drew up plans for a traxxas nitro 1/16 revo and never went through on it.

If not I will and I got too many projects and a small attention span it seems.
dude, if you havent already, you should build that! that would be sick!