Is it normal?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all your tourning car gurus... Is it normal for the front clip where the foam bumper attaches to the carbon fiber chassis supposed to make contact with the ground? I took the TC4 out for its maiden voyage in the driveway and noticed that it is getting scraped up there. I figured it was normal for the underside to get scratched, but I just wanted to make sure before I go and tear up a nice car if I don't have to. Thanks guys.

Tom

I scratched up a fresh chassis just going from the driveway to the street. Nowadays if I test my TC I place it on the street first and then pick it up when finished instead of trying to drive up 3/4" driveway lips.

Increase your ride height until you get no more scraping.

I scratched up a fresh chassis just going from the driveway to the street. Nowadays if I test my TC I place it on the street first and then pick it up when finished instead of trying to drive up 3/4" driveway lips.

Increase your ride height until you get no more scraping.

Do you off the top of your head know what your ride height is set at currently? Mine is set at 4 right now.

Tom

Mine is set at 5mm when I race outdoor asphalt, for running in the street I'd go a little higher.

Most of the better cars have a minimum height setting (bump stop). I'm not sure about the TC4. Raising the ride height is not always a good option.

If you are dragging the chassie i would second the vote for the ride hight,just raise the car a bit if you plan to just run out front of your house,this will have a affect on the handleing but save the car in the long run.... good luck

maybe check the shocks and use a thicker fluid, if your hight is around 4 or 5mm, you may have too soft oil in the shocks allowing for easier travel of them and bottoming out.
T

What is the best way to raise the ride height on the TC4? Is there more than one way, and what is the most effective? Thanks guys.

either thread down the shock collars equally or add in equal spacers depending on the type of shock you have. you will also probibly have to back out the droop screws equal amounts. those are the screws that thread through the suspension arm and touch the chassis. make sure you move them equally cause they can really affect handling if you screw them up.

Back